Similac Sensitive - so much foam!

Fizzyfefe

Mama and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
We switched my son last night from similac advanced to sensitive formula. I have noticed that it gets extremely foamy while he's drinking. Do you all have any suggestions on how to decrease the foam so that he doesn't ingest it and get more gas? The only thing I have done so far is to stir instead of shake it, but it doesn't seem to help.

We supplement with similac sensitive and I have found that using a bottle with vents on the bottom like mam brand helps along with letting it sit for a couple minutes before he drinks it. It does seem to foam up more than the other kinds I have tried

Thank you for your reply! We do have a few of the playtex vented bottles, and, you're right, they do seem to foam less with those. I guess I will just use the other bottles for breast milk now. :)

I know this post is a bit old. However, for anyone who may still wonder, I add just a couple "drops" of gas drops to each bottle (not the full dosage but about 1 drop per ounce of formula). It gets rid of the foam completely. :shrug:

i had the same issue - i found when it sat in the fridge and warmed up later, it was less foamy. And yes stir rather than shake. You could try to mix the formula up in a measuring cup (liquid glass ones) and stir it w/a spoon. See if that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->