Since My Midwife Put me on....

beckynbump25

mommy to 1 an expecting
Reaction score
Elo All Bit Yacky but.
Since my midwife but me on iron supplements im finding it hard to go to the toilet and when i finally do my poo has been almost black. :blush:

i'm just wondering is this normal or somethink i should be worried about:S? xx

Havent had it myself but im sure it sounds normal hun, try not to worry.

Black poo is normal for iron tablets. As is constipation and also squits!

This is a perfectly normal side effect. You need to take a ot of fibre into your diet. Try fibresure or benefibre from your chemist. Or eat lots of prunes. she really should have warned you, as most people suffer from this. I know I did! Hope you feel better soon.:hug:

Mine is black too hun. (Isn't it gross?) :lol:

It says on my box of tablets - "May harmlessly colour stools" :)

haha the joy aye! black poo what ever will it be next. x

Its normal but a bloody pain in the ass :rofll:

Sorry, but seriously, try drinking fresh orange juice :-D

Yep its normal! And its gross! Luckily it hasnt made me constipated!! But i can defo agree with the black poo :rofl:

i had black poo when i was on iron tablets. i called my nan in tears saying my poo is black! she laughed and said its normal. xoxo

think it's normal. ask at the chemist/midwife but i think you may be able to take soemthing called lactolose to help 'loosen up'.

Totally normal for black poo yeah lol. I have it too and as Thelilbump said you can take Lacutlose for constipation, my GP gave me that.
Its all so lovely pregnancy isnt it? :rofl:

xx

yep entirely normal, fortunately I haven't had any constipation - almost the opposite lol! Oh the joys of pregnancy. Did they advise you to take the tablets with OJ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->