Single Baby Or Twins??..

leighgi

Reaction score
This is my 5 week scan and I'm bit confused by it, Some people have said its the baby and yolk sac but they are not attached and surely the baby wouldn't be that big at 5 weeks? A few have said it looks like 2 sacs. I've had quite a few scans sent to me of peoples 5 week scans and theirs are just 1 circle (the yolk sac) with the white dot attached (the baby) and I've seen a few with 2 circles what are twins x

Attachments

• IMG-20130422-01747.jpg
    IMG-20130422-01747.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 44
They didn't say anything hun, it was a rushed emegency scan as I was having side pains, she just said everything seems fine and to wait for my dating scan. X

I would say 1 baby~ Looks like fetal pole & a yolk sac~

There is NO WAY that is two sacks. (I've attached what two sacks looks like. You can also see the yolk sack baby Baby 2's head that looks very similar to the second blob in yours.) What happened to the other thread you had? I'd say most likely one baby and yolk sack as the sizes are quite a bit different.

Attachments

• Both8weeks.jpg
    Both8weeks.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 29
Looks very like my third son's early scan with yolk sac & fetal pole :) mine were even further apart but my sonographer was lovely and explained it all to me when I asked why there were two bits. This time I am having twins which seems quite ironic after freaking that there were twins last time.
I wish you a happy and healthy pregnancy and can see why you wondered.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Tanjakitten/scan.jpg
Just adding my pic of my singleton 3rd boy so you can see what I mean :)

There is NO WAY that is two sacks. (I've attached what two sacks looks like. You can also see the yolk sack baby Baby 2's head that looks very similar to the second blob in yours.) What happened to the other thread you had? I'd say most likely one baby and yolk sack as the sizes are quite a bit different.

No offence but how can you say no chance? All scans are different and this scan looks more than a 5 week scan. A few girls have sent me there scans as twins at 5 weeks and its like mine with 2 cirlces not attached x

No offence but how can you say no chance? All scans are different and this scan looks more than a 5 week scan. A few girls have sent me there scans as twins at 5 weeks and its like mine with 2 cirlces not attached x

scans at this stage are pretty much the same....its the shadowing that is making you not see the attachment is all...

but it is a beautiful picture of a singlton pregnancy....<3

If they thought it was twins, they would have let you know at the time. Do you have your notes? xxx​

I'm not an ultrasound tech so I can't say. But...if I have to guess it based on comparison to my twin sacs, I'd say it's just one fetus and one sac. However, I'm no expert at u/s pics. I'd just wait for the dating scan to have a peace of mind.

Did you look at mine? There is absolutely no separating line of any kind in yours where as with two sacks you can VERY clearly see the separation. Not saying elsewhere there couldn't possibly be another sack, but from that picture it is clearly only one.

from what im seeing from the op, she wants twins and seems upset at anyone who is going to say otherwise ....I guess its like gender disapointment, it happens :hugs:

I honestly see one baby and one sac, what a blessing,....its a beautiful picture and I wish you a very healthy happy 9 months...:)

xx

I have early scans with all my pregnancies and have had 3 twin and 4 single. This looks very much like my single. Hope you find out soon. It would be driving me insane not knowing xx

Did you look at mine? There is absolutely no separating line of any kind in yours where as with two sacks you can VERY clearly see the separation. Not saying elsewhere there couldn't possibly be another sack, but from that picture it is clearly only one.

Momo twins wouldn't necessarily have a separating line.
I'm not saying I think this is a twin pregnancy, just that not all twin scans would look the same as yours.

Only looks like one to me. I'd imagine they would have mentioned it, at the scan, if it was twins.

Only looks like one to me. I'd imagine they would have mentioned it, at the scan, if it was twins.

Good point. Not trying to make op feel bad because I think she wants twins. But just remembering, when I went for the requested dating scan, my doctor immediately pointed out there are two sacs - however, one contained baby and the other didn't. I think even if they suspected it, they'd have mention it and schedule a second u/s.

Momo twins wouldn't necessarily have a separating line.
I'm not saying I think this is a twin pregnancy, just that not all twin scans would look the same as yours.

I said it wasn't two SACKS, not for sure two babies. Though more than likely it's yolk sack and baby.

That is a singleton pregnancy, Hun. Didn't you have another thread asking about this recently? It was that someone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->