Single embryo transfer success stories?

hayley_m

LTTTC
Reaction score
Hello :) have just been told by the embryologist that because of our age and funding, we can only have one embryo transferred. Feeling really nervous as know our chances are dramatically reduced. For ethical beliefs, we won't freeze or discard embryos, so they will only fertilise one egg. So scared, feel like it's all or nothing :( anybody have any success stories??

Hi , I conceived my little boy from a single embryo transfer on my first round of ivf.

I had success with a single transfer, well kinda. I ended up miscarrying for unknown reasons. Transferring two only increases risks of multiples according to my RE.

I know it for ethical reasons but you really should consider freezing your embryos or at least fertilizing more than one egg. Also if you just fertilize one egg chances are the egg may not fertilize and/or continue to grow. Then you have no embryos to work with. And your chance are dramatically reduced by limiting fertilization to just one egg. Its best to fertilize all eggs collected OR to do natural IVF where only one egg is collected and fertilized. Fertilizing rate of eggs is about 60-70% so if you collect 10 eggs chances are 3-5 of them wont fertilize or wont fertilize normal. I am sure you and DH have discussed it but you really should consider fertilizing all of the eggs retrieved and/or freezing any remaining, esp if you want more than one child. Good luck!

There are lots of success stories here for you Hayley: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/assisted-conception/491023-list-your-ivf-successes-here.html

I understand your ethical restrictions, we felt largely the same. Just remember that what's meant to be will be regardless, don't lose hope, it only takes one :flower:

We feel the same about discarding... We never could discard an embryo. Lots of success stories with just one embryo. That's a great reference messica posted.

we transferred 2.

we are now 12weeks pregnant with 1.

good luck to you.

:dust::dust::dust:

Not quite sure why you wouldn't want to freeze at least until you know it worked.

We transferred one on our first try and have one baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->