Single/joint parenting....

Rachiebaby24

Reaction score
I don't know whether to put this in here so please move it if you think it isn't appropriate...

Also, I really don't want to rub it in that im not a single parent and I have a loving OH.....but

the problem is.....

I was brought up by my mum who was a single parent and still is....the thing is that is all I have known and im getting really anxious about having to share my baby and how it will all work out with two parents. Single parenting is all I have known. I didn't have two parents around so how will I know what it is like for my child....not sure if this is making sense?

My mum had control over everything (my dad wasn't really in our lives until he felt like seeing us!) until I decided I didn't want anything to do with him so all I have known is having one parent. What if me and OH don't agree on how to bring up our child. What if I feel jealous??

Im not saying I want to be a single parent but just how some people are anxious about being a single parent I am anxious about not being a single parent!! Being a joint parent scares me more than being a single one! You learn alot from how you was brought up but I don't know what it is like to be brought up and having a mum and dad around! How will I know how to be part of two parents if the only example I have is my mum who is one parent?

All you women doing it on your own are great by the way!! I love my mum to bits and me and my brothers and sisters are all so close to her! When your kids are older...you really appreciate everything you go through and appreciate you. My dad was a A*******e and I don't give him the time of day. If your kid's dads are bad...your kids will see it for themselves one day! I don't doubt for one second its hard so I think you all deserve a good pat on the back....

All I can say hunni is I reckon you'll be just fine :)

I can totally understand what you say about single parenting being all you know but I think when you & your OH have finally got your LO in your arms all that will seem irrelevent. You're just going to be so in love with your new family unit status I reckon!!!

I'm sure you & your OH will amble along quite nicely together!!

Hope this reassures you!!

:hug:

xxx

It's completely understandable....:hugs:

It's an entirely different situation that the one you were brought up in...but your OH loves you and the baby,you three are going to make a great family.

You learn things along the way,you learn about relationships,their ups and downs...you learn about what kind of imapct the child will have on your relationship.
And then when you one day look at your family and how lucky you guys are for having each other,you will see that it couldn't have been better!

:hug:

Rachie..I have the same situation and have been wondering what im going to do as well.. i dont know any other way.. to make matters worse the OH split with me so that makes me want to keep bub to myself evenmore.. i feel terrible for thinking this way tho..

I agree. I have a huge respect for all you women. What wonderful parents you will all make.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->