Single Mommys!!!!!!

baby287

Reaction score
How much child support do you get?
I've just recently broke up with oh, he's abusive and lazy and mean to say the least. But I'm not sure how much money to ask for each month..and should we try to do this ask without and court orders and stuff? I'm just so confused and not sure how to handle this situation, I'm sad its had to come to this but now I just need to deal with it.
Thanks for any advice you can offer:)
I'm in the U.S. If that makes any difference (California)

Given how you've described your ex, I would strongly encourage you to go through the legal system. You don't want to have to personally go after him for support when he doesn't feel like paying anymore, and you also don't want custody of your son to be up in the air. You can still arrange a parenting plan however you like and if you both agree then you won't actually have to go to court, and then the child support will be calculated based on both of your incomes as well as a few other factors. I know it's a hassle but it's better to get this stuff settled now rather than having to deal with it when your LO is older and more aware of what's going on.

I would recommend a court order - if he decides to stiff you and take off and you have no court order agreement, they don't back date it. Court orders protect you. The amount is either imputed on minimum wage (jobless) or a percentage of income.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->