Single Mum in Cardiff in need of advice!

Flea

Single Mum to & month old
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this. I have a beautiful nearly 7 month old daughter and my husband who I've been with for 9 years left us when she was 5 weeks old. Turns out he was having an affair when I was 6 months pregnant and decided that he didn't love me anymore and wanted to be with this woman.
I'm looking for support groups in my area and in desperate need of advice. He is not pushing for a divorce but I'm concerned about what happens when he does. Currently he's paying the mortgage and bills so not in receipt of maintenance as we decided that was the equivalent and he buys her anything I ask him to.
I have no family down here and am currently on maternity leave but looking for a new job else I won't be able to afford anywhere for us to go.
Can anyone help me with what benefits etc I can be claiming while on maternity, I'm getting working tax and child tax plus child benefit but know the tax credits will stop as soon as I go into my additional maternity leave and I can't afford to not have any money coming in.
Sorry I know this is very long winded but haven't found people to be very helpful especially when I mention not going back to my current job.

I didnt want to read & run, just wanna say sorry for what you're going threw some men are just ********!!!
Im sure if you get in touch with your local job centre they will advise you hun or maybe some girls on here will be able to give you some help.
Keep your chin up XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->