• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Single parent working 16 hours benefit?

topsy

Reaction score
This is for my friend, not sure if anyone can help.

She is a single mum to a 7 months old, she went through CSA, but apparently dad dosnt earn enough money to give her anything-he used to work 2- 3 days a week minimum wadge, we are not sure if this is still the case.

She has just started carering for a someone 16 hours a week, earning around £128 a week so she gets child tax credits but we are not sure about working tax as it is dead on 16 hours?

She applied for income support but because she gets more than they pay, I believe £60 ish a week she has been turned down.

She get the healthy start vouchers. Someone came round to see if she is eligible to pay reduced council tax, but she is waiting for them to get back to them.

What shes worried about is paying her mortgage which is over £600 a month-she is in a 1 bedded house, shes in the middle of a 4 year fixed rate she has just under 2 years left which she has already taken 3 mortgage holidays. Anyone know if she can get any help anywhere for this. This is her main worry.

I thought the minimum is 16 hours for single, she needs to call tax credits because they need to know if she's earning money anyway, she will def get something.

Thanks, she did call them this week but only started on weds and is only doing 10 hours this week, so they told her to call back when she was doing more, but wouldn't tell her what she would get or if she can claim! xxxx

Ah so frustrating! She can look at the calculator online but I know it can be confusing! Hope she gets some answers soon :)

its not going to be good news for her im afraid. with regards to the mortgage there is something available if you are on certain benefits but it doesnt pay the mortgage its just help with interest

£62 child tax credit
£74 working tax credit
plus 70% of her childcare reimbursed up to £170 pwk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back