Single Pregnant & Proud!

BabyBelle88

Reaction score
Hi all so I've pretty much made the decision to go ahead and have this baby even though the father wants nothing to do with it. I'm 25 works full time and 3 weeks preggo with my first. I have not yet told the father I'm 90% keeping his baby but I know I can do this. All my friends had children at 19/20 some younger than that. I grew up the loud fun loving girl that I am and not ready for the complete maternal package. Is choose in on my own with my little on playing you's than out on the town partying. I'm aware this us going to be extra hard as I'm fully on my own but have great family and friends around. Anyway would love to make some friends on here, maybe even in the same situation? Surely it's not just me being crazy is it?? Xx

I dont think there is a thing wrong with single parenting sometimes it just happens that way. Are you gonna tell the father?

Hello... I was a single parent with my daughter... You'll be fine.. You just get on with it.. Me and my daughter have a very special bond and are so close.. Of course I missed doing the family day trips with a dad involved.. But me and my daughter was a family...

X

Thanks girls, the father does know and actually said look if you go ahead with this I'm sorry but I'll have to deny I'm the father as I want nothing to do with it. I've asked to see him tonight as I have docs this afternoon (only found out Saturday I'm expecting) done three tests ones saying pregnant 1-2 weeks since conception. Mummy jade have you been single since pregnancy .. I'm just so scared of the loneliness x

My daughters dad came and went through out pregnancy and 1st 3 years of her life..

you do get lonely at times and I missed sharing it will someone at times, but then I also liked not having to make joint decision! Ha!
If this man is saying he will deny your baby in my opinion he hasn't deserve your child

X

I went through my last pregnancy alone. My ex broke up with me the day after my booking appointment! Yes is was lonely but I had a great support system around me with family and friends and I have a great bond with my little boy now. It's been hard work, especially as I'm now pregnant again but you can do it! xx

Sorry to pry but how did you cope money wise? And working after baby was came? I'm just so torn! Also I'm 26 next month by clock is ticking.. Just so scared, I know what you mean about the guy, his a complete c'""k.. I must admit before this happened I had started to develop feelings for him which makes it worse.x

Hi there. I've not been through a pregnancy alone or single, but money wise you do what you can to get by. You said you are already working ft? You'll be alright! Congratualtions by the way! Here of you need to chat

If he said that about your child then as others said he doesnt deserve you or that babies time you will be all that baby needs and you will make it work money wise we all believe in you. Sometimes you will just have to go without somethings you might need so baby can have what they need but as long as you have support around you than you can do it.

Sorry to pry but how did you cope money wise? And working after baby was came? I'm just so torn! Also I'm 26 next month by clock is ticking.. Just so scared, I know what you mean about the guy, his a complete c'""k.. I must admit before this happened I had started to develop feelings for him which makes it worse.x

I was working full time whilst pregnant. The company I worked for had a really generous maternity package. I was able to save before I had my son and afterwards as I didn't go out much (I don't cope well on lack of sleep!). I bought a lot of stuff second hand - all of it in really good condition as babies don't tend to use/wear things for very long. I was able to have a year off work and then ended up handing my notice in as I wanted to go part time and they couldn't accommodate me. Dependent on your income you should be eligible for child tax credits and if you continue to work, working tax credits (I'm assuming you live in the UK - if you're elsewhere sorry!). I was 25 when I fell pregnant and had just turned 26 when I had him. I'm now self employed and loving it - I can fit my work in around my son and he goes to nursery 2 full days a week.

I'm here if you ever need to chat or anything. I totally understand what you're going through - don't feel alone! xx

Aww thank you all so much it's nice to know I'm not alone. I'm seeing the guy tonight and I'm going say in still undecided as he thinks Its a matter if frog marching me to the clinic and being done with it. Another thing aswell I recently just moved into a tiny studio flat close to where I work., obviously in aware of my situation. All the signs are telling me this is the wrong time but there's something there that's telling me it's meant to be even if I am alone :( x

Unaware if my situation rather. Sorry I'm on my phone at work!

You wont be alone you will have your sweet baby and what about your parents? My mom is gonna come stay a few days to help me and df out could your mom do that for you?

I have lots of friends who will support me and family, although I think my mum is against the idea of me doing it alone.

Well if you have other friends and family im sure they will help you amd your mom may not bw to thrilled right now but i bet by end she comes around

Your mum is just worried for you..
Just go with your heart... You manage. I dunno how but you do...
And he isn't worth you or your baby with the attitude he has!

Xx

I wasn't single & pregnant but my daughters dad walked out when she was less than 3 days old and I can honestly say although it was tough, I had great support from my parents and wouldn't change a thing. There are times when you are frustrated & just need a break but it's so much more satisfying knowing you did it all by yourself. Her dad has never been involved in any way since.
I've since married and am expecting no2 and am glad in a lot of ways I have my hubby for support. However, you need to make the decision for yourself, I'm sure your mum will be supportive when she has got her head around the idea x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->