Sisters odd ideas of dressing baby.....

Ok, I adore pink but that outfit is TACKY!! Pink can be done in a cute stylish way and that outfit is no where near it (soft pinks not hot pink). I too hate frilly baby clothes and ones with writing on it - so cheap and nasty.

It's more of a concern that she is telling you it's a must. I would let her know that you will be the one in charge of the wardrobe! And, if she does give clothes like this then you can always donate them to charity.

No little boy should be dressed in an outfit like that, I wouldn't even bother discussing it with her as it's ridiculous. If she does buy it for you, say nothing and hand it on to charity. Just don't ever give her the opportunity to get him dressed, I never changed my nieces, its not an auntie's job to do that.

Ahhhh sisters....

Mine had her son (miracle baby) when she was 19years old. He's 18 now. She's got some form of uterine problem so she was told that she couldn't have kids - hence keeping her son even though her circumstances weren't 'optimal'. She's done a fantastic job with him and I'm really proud of her (not being patronising.... I am - so there).

I'm 28/9 weeks cooked with my first (I'm 36) and I told her when I was 14 weeks. Her first reaction was to tel me that people like me (I went to Uni, became a scientist etc) didn't have kids! and that she thought I'd never do it as I wasn't the type... (WTveryF?!)

... then went on to post stuff in FaceAche which I had to ask her to remove (I had a serious bleed at 14 weeks and was waiting until 24 weeks to announce).

Apparently she now goes shopping for baby outfits (she has no money so I've told her that I'll only accept second hand - to be honest I'm 'second hand' all the way as I think it's a waste to buy brand new) and starts crying in charity shops. The 'Grannies' (his Mum and mine are 100% behind me).

.... I think I've got her broody.... She's 38, but I think she's scared that she can't have any more kids so she doesn't want to try. I want to give her a big hug as I can hear her getting emotional on the phone when we talk.

Bless sisters. Especially big ones.

PS - That outfit that your sister likes..... erm... NO. Just NO. Even if your bump was a girl.... that's not nice. Frills?

I'm sure she was joking about the boy thing.....remember you can't show emotion of humour in the normal way online/via email. As for a girl....not to my taste, but each to their own. xx

My younger sister is a very Girly type of girl and LOVES pink! Luckily she has a little girl that also loves pink, frills and bows - I think she would have loved that pink number!

I'm having a boy, and even though my sis has an obsession with pink, no way would it cross her mind to give me something like that for our bubba!!! She's been great though, and has bought us a lot of boy stuff like trainers etc. she actually said she enjoyed shopping for lil boy stuff as it was so different shopping for pink Girly stuff! Hopefully your sis will become the same?

Ok, I adore pink but that outfit is TACKY!! Pink can be done in a cute stylish way and that outfit is no where near it (soft pinks not hot pink). I too hate frilly baby clothes and ones with writing on it - so cheap and nasty.

It's more of a concern that she is telling you it's a must. I would let her know that you will be the one in charge of the wardrobe! And, if she does give clothes like this then you can always donate them to charity.

No little boy should be dressed in an outfit like that, I wouldn't even bother discussing it with her as it's ridiculous. If she does buy it for you, say nothing and hand it on to charity. Just don't ever give her the opportunity to get him dressed, I never changed my nieces, its not an auntie's job to do that.

Thank you! Good advice about the charity shop as well. I'd feel a bit guilty doing it, but in the end it's up to me and hubbie what our child wears.

If that means baby will be boring for the first few months I suppose she'll just have to put up with it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->