Sitting. NOT fun.

Skywalker

Reaction score
Actually it freaking hurts now. I sit a lot at work, then was taking a course this weekend and did more sitting, and just came back from an event where I had to start standing mid-way through because my tailbone felt like it was on fire. This didn't happen to me pre-pregnancy because I did all these things and maybe sometimes my butt would fall asleep but not this! It's like a fire in my lower back! Ugh! My god! Anyone else experiencing this? I even get it if I sit for just a few hours, even with a pillow behind me and even getting up many times an hour.

I got this too & was told it was a mixture of sciatica and baby sitting on nerves it shouldn't. It got to the point where if I sat for longer then 10 mins my back totally froze on me an I hobbled which was a site. What annoyed me is at 33wks I had to see the doctor for my iron levels and I mentioned how bad my back was and that I told the midwife back in week 14 and the doctor wasn't happy as she said what I had sounded like Pelvic Girdle Pain & I should of been referred to a physio to help it. At 33wks by the time I would have gotten an appointment through I would of had the baby! Mention it to a doctor and see what they say. Last thing U want is for it to get worse xx

I got this too & was told it was a mixture of sciatica and baby sitting on nerves it shouldn't. It got to the point where if I sat for longer then 10 mins my back totally froze on me an I hobbled which was a site. What annoyed me is at 33wks I had to see the doctor for my iron levels and I mentioned how bad my back was and that I told the midwife back in week 14 and the doctor wasn't happy as she said what I had sounded like Pelvic Girdle Pain & I should of been referred to a physio to help it. At 33wks by the time I would have gotten an appointment through I would of had the baby! Mention it to a doctor and see what they say. Last thing U want is for it to get worse xx

Thanks! I'll definitely mention it to her. My midwife is a bit... hard to freaking get a hold of. Lol. I don't know if that's just how it goes here in this country? She prefers me to e-mail or text her because she's always so busy, which I can see, because she may be delivering a baby and unable to answer the phone. But last time I talked to her on the phone was literally a two second conversation where she said, 'Yeah, ask your GP. Okay? Bye!" Maybe I'm unclear on what the role of the midwife is? Is this something I should mention to my GP or midwife to get help with it? It's terrible! I also might have to fly on an international flight soon and I cannot imagine that. It hurts to sit that long for practically anybody and the idea of doing it now is unbearable. I'd definitely have to ask for those bulkhead seats where there aren't any seats in front of you so I could just stand up whenever I need to :haha: So there's a therapy that you can do to help it?

In the UK U ring up.your local community midwife & they are always available to talk to U, they come to see U if U need them or make U an appointment to see them if need be. Your midwife doesn't sound professional, it sounds like she couldn't give a shit an that's not on. Use those pregnancy hormones an complain to her boss! Go to your doctor. That's the best option just to see if there's any help and advice. I am not 100% sure what is in the physiotherapy sessions but i think it helps. Ask your doctor if there's any therapy options. With my daughter my back pain was bad an when it came to labour my pain was all in my back which was horrendous. It crippled me afterwards. I walked with a hunch lol hope U get it sorted soon xxx

OMG I just got this today. I was fine all morning then I sat down at work, all is good. Then I got to stand up and nearly buckled over. I feel fine if I'm hunched over but standing up kills me! I was telling my co-worker it feels like I fell on my tailbone.

I visit the ladies room about 5+ times a day while at work and the seats are soooooooo low to the ground. I've been using the handicap stall. It hurts so bad!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->