Sitting Unaided! When?

clairec81

Reaction score
Hi ladies, sure its been asked many times before - funny how our babies move through the stages and the questions just get repeated! Anyway when did your LO start to sit unaided? Erin is approaching 9 months (just over 7 months corrected) and she still isn't there yet. I'm sure part of the problem is the fact that all she wants to do is stand so when i put her in sitting position, maybe in between my legs, she throws herself back and pushes up to standing. She can stand for a short while holding to the couch (with me behind her off course) but wont sit. Got big review with consultant at the end of the month and just know this will be his big problem - along with her weight but hey i'm used to that!
Any stories or advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I'm afraid I can't help!

Andrew is coming up to 13 months actual, 10 months corrected, and still cannot sit unaided. My problem is that whenever I sit him down to practise, he leans forwards, sticks his legs out, and commando crawls off to play with something else! He's far too active and most uninterested in being made to sit in one place, even if I do give him a toy - it's never that toy he wants.

I figure sitting will come when he's ready. I have a friend who is mum to a preemie a couple of months older, and her little boy perfected furniture-cruising before he crawled across the floor. Preemies just don't seem to want to do things in the right order :rofl:

Connor was about 3 weeks off his actual 1st birthday, he was 5 weeks early.

My boys were about 7 months actual (5 corrected) when they could sit unaided (but with lots of cushions around them for the inevitable tumbles!) they were probably 8 months before the cushions could be removed x

My LO at the moment tries to bless her if i lay her down she lifts herself forward then cries with frustration because she cant. shes 5 months corrected but seeing how she is she will be sitting up in no time.

Abby's still not really doing it at 14 months corrected:dohh:

alex was comfortable sitting at 10-11months corrected. with the help of lady gaga (shes obsessed) she sat watching her while i done the night bottles. she hasnt quite worked out 100 percent how to get out of the position so throws herself forward or back :s

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->