Size of woven babywearing wraps?

bky

:(
Reaction score
Just wondering what the basic dimensions are?
I went to the fabric store yesterday and bought some things I needed (microterry for homemade breastpads, and one side of the cloth wipes I'm making, baby towels etc, muslin for swaddling wraps, etc) and in a pregnancy brain moment ended up with a lot more (3M!) of one of the muslins I bought.
I really wish I remembered what I thought I was going to do with all of that...

It's not really heavy duty woven fabric, but it isn't flimsy either, and I did cut some off one end for the other side of one set of wipes. So I'd say I probably have a good 2.5M left over. After realizing I didn't know what I had really planned to do with it :)blush:) I had the thought I could hem it and make a woven wrap.
Anyhow, I have a Moby currently. Are the woven ones about the same length/width?

Boo. After some googling it seems something like an Ellaroo is 5M. I might be able to get away with a rebozo style wrap though. Those are around 2.7M.

A woven wrap is the one thing that I wouldn't try to make because you are not going to be able to buy fabric that mimics the quality of the ones you can buy - they are handwoven fabrics with a diagonal stretch. I haven't found anything similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->