Sjgpisy

Hi mrsb! I love this weather! But we went to another first birthday party today in a soft play place for 3 hours and OMG it was like a bloody sauna! Not cool!

Took me over an hour to settle him to bed tonight which is so unusual. Must be all the cake lol x

Yeah the weather is fab!! We went out to a park before her nap and had a picnic, fed the ducks, went on the swings etc and then after her nap we went to a soft play centre but it was empty pretty much, and it was big so it felt like we had the place to ourselves! Now Anabella is crawling, I just love taking her!

Boo - is your ms subsiding now? I really feel for you, especially in this heat!

Hiya! Yes touch wood it's subsiding thankfully! I still get the odd gaggy moment, but I can get up and shower before I eat on a morning now which is major progress! And I'm not falling asleep by 9pm every night in front of the tv so things are on the up!

Gorgeous weather just lately!

Glad your morning sickness seems to be getting better now, Boo :)

Hi, little update. Logans had his operation. It was awful.

Before the op everyone kept asking me how I was feeling about it, and tbh I'm not an overly emotional person and people often joke saying im cold hearted as nothing seems to upset me. Well right up until taking him to theatre I was fine, he was ok just a little worried. They put the thing in his hand and he immediately started crying in pain, gave him his fluids then gave him the anaesthetic. Well he screamed at that as it stings, cried that it hurt then fell back on to the bed asleep! It was the most bizarre thing ever and so horrible to see! That's where I started blubbing lol.

We were then told we would be called up to recovery once the op was over. After they called us up we were stood waiting for them to open the doors to recovery and I could hear my little boy screaming hysterically. I got to him and he was just going wild, the nurses were trying to keep him still but he ended up ripping off the shield on his eye and wiping it with the bandage on his hand getting blood everywhere :(

They put another shield on with me sitting on the trolley bed with him holding his arms down cuddling him. Logan still screaming hysterically. We got back to the ward and it took us a further hour to stop his screaming :( It was just horrendous!!

After that though he picked up really well, started drinking, eating fine. Then after another hour he was good as new. Happy, playful, chattery Logan.

Weve got to put eye drops in 4 times a day though which is proving difficult. Were managing to do it but as expected he hates it and gets really upset each time.

His eye looks horrible. It totally red and doesn't look good at all. Even the positioning of the coloured part of his eye doesn't look like its in the right position so I hope to god that's just because its only just been done. I cant imagine having to put him through that again If its under or over corrected :(

I feel so bad about it now. Part of me wishes I never agreed to let them do the op.

Oh and its Rorys birthday today :)

We didn't do a lot, had family round at our house until 1pm then went to my mums for a little party tea at 4. He had a nice day though playing with his new toys :)

I went for the car cake. I had to ice it on grease proof paper though as I had no board at first. I iced it immaculately, then when I transferred the cake onto the board it cracked and caved in behind the little man :( x

Attachments

• Rory birthday1.jpg
    Rory birthday1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Rory birthday2.jpg
    Rory birthday2.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Rory birthday 5.jpg
    Rory birthday 5.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 5
  • Rory birthday 3.jpg
    Rory birthday 3.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 4
  • Rory cake.jpg
    Rory cake.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 5
Aww Beth I'm so sorry that the op was awful :( it must have been heartbreaking for you to see your little boy like that :hugs: I hope he recovers quickly.

Happy birthday to Rory! :cake:

Wow, the operation sounds terrible! I'm so glad he won't remember it, though I'm sure you're a bit scarred! :hugs:

Happy Birthday to Rory!!

Awe Beth poor Logan and poor you! So glad it's over and hope his eye is all perfect and better soon xx

Happy birthday Rory! Is it really a full year ago I was reading your this is it thread and thinking how lovely your birth sounded?! His cake is fab by the way x

Sounds like a really horrible experience for him and you. At least it's done now though and hopefully he will be better soon :hugs:

Happy birthday to Rory :) His cake looks great! I hope he had a lovely day.

Oh Beth that sounds so horrid for little Logan and you. Pleased its over - fingers crossed all is fine and the time giving the drops goes quickly. Honestly reading about it nearly made me tear up - there is nothing worse than seeing your lo really distressed. Gets me every time.

Pleased Rory had a good day though - he's so grown up now and is gorgeous.

X

We had a follow up at the hospital today and the doctor (eye doctor, can't remember what they're called) said the eye is moving really well and all looks good, but its not perfectly straight :(

I was thinking today I would post in SJGPISY and reawaken the thread to catch up with a you lovely ladies! Then I saw the last post was July?!! Wth?! I thought it was like last week haha. Oh how time flies....

Holy crap that went by fast. How are we all?

We're doing ok :) Thomas' had surgery on his thumb in October which wasn't successful. We've decided against more surgery as his surgeon can't guarantee 100% success. We finally got our son recognised as disabled in the Government's eyes and he now has DLA which has helped. He's also been diagnosed with extreme hypermobility and hypotonia. He does get into some odd positions :haha: We're still going through the testing stage but we know along with his GDD and hypermobility/hypotonia he has hearing loss, sensory issues and more. His doctors are leaning towards a genetic condition but it's just waiting to know more and have more tests. He's under the 1st centile developmentally and has a developmental age of around a year old.

Other than that he's a fabulous little boy and doing so well. We're waiting to hear if he can go to a disability nursery and we hope to get a disability buggy for him. We're counting down the days to our first family holiday. I am so excited!

Wow Sequeena what a time you've had of it! I didn't realise Thomas was going through surgery, what was it intended to do to his thumb? Great news about the living allowance, it's what Thomas deserves!

Oh and since July I've like had a baby and that... you know, not much going on here (lol!)

Nah you made another life and everything... :haha:

The thumb was to correct his hypoplastic thumb (he was born with 2 thumbs on one hand. They removed one and the one left behind was smaller than his left and didn't sit in the joint). He has really bad hypermobility so his joints are extremely flexible but the hypoplastic thumb moved way too much. The surgery was to make the thumb bigger and to try and fix the joint. Unfortunately the joint is still too loose (stiffer than it was though) and he cannot bend his actual thumb.

To give you an idea at how loose it was he was able to put his thumb over his knuckles.

Wow that sounds painful what a shame it didn't actually work!!

There was a chance it wouldn't but we were really hoping it would :( he spent weeks in a cast then another few weeks in a splint and it was such hard work keeping him occupied and keeping the damn thing dry.

792290_10202637142994931_686872517_o.jpg

We are disappointed but he's adapted well considering. He's left handed too which helps :)

hi girls! wondered what happenned to this thread! haha! well my baby who was prob a month when i last posted here...is now almost eight months...wtf?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->