Slapped cheek exposure?

lady3

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure my daughter has slapped cheek, also known as fifth disease. She has a sore throat, cough, fever and the telltale splotch on one cheek only. It's been there all day however I only noticed it when I picked her up from her after school activities and her child minded also mentioned she thought it was slapped cheek.

I'm 11 weeks pregnant and not sure if I've had it before. I know it's supposed to be dangerous for the developing baby and can result in miscarriage or another dangerous condition.

It is now the long Easter weekend (perfect bloody timing!) and I'm not sure what I should do. My doctor is closed until Tuesday but they have an out of office urgent care. Would you say something like this warrants urgent care??? She's fine in herself, just generally feeling unwell. I wouldn't normally take her to urgent care for something like this but I wonder if it needs to be confirmed then followed up with my doctor when they reopen. I hate to bother them however as I know they'll be busy, especially on a cold rainy day like today.

So weird I was actually about to post this myself, DS has had sore throat and cough and tonight he's in bed asleep and cheeks look red and splotchy and slapped cheek was the first thing to come to my mind, I'm so anxious x

Absolutely! You need to contact your dr asap. If you are not immune it is extremely dangerous. Your prenatal blood work should say whether or not you have already caught it. I wouldn't wait.

I'll call the early pregnancy unit this morning as the doctor's office is closed until Tuesday. Thanks. Just wasn't sure if I was over-reacting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->