Sleep at 10 weeks?

KatieB

Reaction score
Whose LO is sleeping through the night at 10 weeks? When I say that, I mean 5 hours(ish)! My lovely Louis seems to require no sleep and am lucky to get 4 hours, half of that is spent in my arms bless him, as he won't settle half awake in moses basket or cot. I'm knackered! Plus, he's had a cold so have taken to bringing him into bed with me and booting OH out! My DS loves this and goes to bed with a smile on his face but I can't keep doing this! What kind of routine does your LO have? I am combined feeding and give him a bottle last thing to try and settle him but by the time he's settled he's often ready for another feed again :wacko:

:hugs:

My LO started sleeping through at about 10 weeks - I started feeding her every 4 hours and so she dropped the feed in the middle of the night. Now she gets a dreamfeed at 11 and her first feed at 7am.

Can't help with settling though because she's always been a good settler - I generally put her down when she's tired and she gets herself off to sleep with only a little help from me or her dummy.

My lo is 8 weeks, he goes to bed at 7 then feeds at 9pm ,12am and final feed is 3am when he comes into bed with us. Up at 7. Have you tried a faster flowing teat if your on a low one? or swaddling, that made all the difference for my lo x

Edit - 9 &12 are dream feeds

My lo is 8 weeks, he goes to bed at 7 then feeds at 9pm ,12am and final feed is 3am when he comes into bed with us. Up at 7. Have you tried a faster flowing teat if your on a low one? It swaddling, that made all the difference for my lo x

Yes, tried a faster flowing teat but he has such a strong suck that it goes everywhere, don't know if this is right? Tried swaddling as a desperate measure (running into Mothercare 5 mins before closing to buy one, lol) - he hated it! Might try a dream feed though. Thanks for suggestions x

My LO goes from approx 7:30pm-5:30am now. He's been doing this 3 weeks or so i think at least now x

Mine was exactly like yours and not until 11 months did he start waking only once for a feed (sometimes 2x, a few times not at all - I can count on one hand).

Once you get through the massive 4 month growth spurt (and a bit at the 6 month mark), it's not so bad anymore. It's 100% normal what your boy is doing :) You can try all you want but if he's not ready, he's not ready, and sooo many of them are not ready by then.

Good luck!

Mine was exactly like yours and not until 11 months did he start waking only once for a feed (sometimes 2x, a few times not at all - I can count on one hand).

Once you get through the massive 4 month growth spurt (and a bit at the 6 month mark), it's not so bad anymore. It's 100% normal what your boy is doing :) You can try all you want but if he's not ready, he's not ready, and sooo many of them are not ready by then.

Good luck!

thank you :flower: that gives me hope! xx

my lo has sttn the last 2 nights, he naps in the evening till bout 9:30 but is quite fussy at this time. up until this he was waking up at about 3:30 for a feed then 5:30 so i'm not counting my chickens just yet.

my lo has sttn the last 2 nights, he naps in the evening till bout 9:30 but is quite fussy at this time. up until this he was waking up at about 3:30 for a feed then 5:30 so i'm not counting my chickens just yet.

No, I know what you mean about counting your chickens! Louis slept one night from 12.30 till 6.30am - I was over the moon and thought "this is it, he's managed to sttn", how wrong was I, lol, the following evening he was up all night! It happened once and once only, pure fluke! Hope your LO manages to keep up STTN, 2 nights is good going xx

Well, can't quite believe it myself but Louis slept from 10.30 to 4.30am last night! He had a feed and went back to sleep from 5.30 and woke up at 7.30 - I feel so refreshed, although I must have checked him a zillion times! Thanks for your replies girlies xx

My LO has been sleeping through the night since about 8 weeks, maybe earlier. Now at 10 weeks, she sleeps from about 10-11pm to at least 9am with only a short (still sleeping) feed in there somewhere.

Both my children were sleeping 8-10hrs straight by 10wks.
I'm sure I won't realize how lucky I was until I have a child that doesn't sleep through the night until they're 1 (or 2). Hopefully I remain blissfully ignorant.

you could try to feed every 3 hours in the day and not let baby sleep through a feed in the day. then around 6:30pm, bath, feed and bed. I have read that you should feed a baby 2.5oz per pound of baby's weight (i.e. weighs 12lb needs 30oz) and try to get them to have that in the day. if your BF it's hard to know how much but still feed every 3 hrs.
when i got my head round this it worked for me. but people say babies sleep through when they're ready and every one is different but just wanted to share what i found worked beacuse i wish i'd done it sooner xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->