sleep confession

isil

Reaction score
So I have a confession to make...

Alasdair still goes to sleep at night either on the boob, with a bottle or by being rocked in his car seat. After he's been asleep for half an hr I move him into his cot.

He sleeps from 6pm til 7:30am without waking once so I am a bit hesitant to change anything...but I know I have to, I can't have him always falling asleep needing to be rocked or fed.

I wanted to ask how people have managed to get their LOs to go to sleep by themselves?

x

Ive always put Jasmine to bed in her own crib since she was a week old... I feed her and make sure she is relaxed etc and left her.

It took a few weeks but now it is alot quicker at night feeds and she falls right back asleep.

thank you :) He always fell straight back to sleep again when he had night feeds...I guess now we're just in such a nice routine that works for ME but not for him in the long term. I don't want him to be 4 and me still rocking him to sleep obviously!

I think I'm going to have to accept that for a few weeks he may not fall asleep and stay asleep for 13 and a half hrs every night!

Erin sleeps for 12 / 13 hours at night without waking and has done since she was 10 weeks old. I give her last feed around 7.30 / 8.00pm and then put her straight in her cot. I put her musical mobile on and leave her. She goes off to sleep with no problems at all. I'm sure Alasdair will be fine and adapt to the new routine. xx

We still cuddle Caitlin after her last bottle. I think its lovely she gets a good night cuddle :cloud9:

you need to put them in the cot etc awake & let them fall asleep themselves so they get used to it . xx

The fact that he sleeps through is fantastic, i'd be too scared to change the routine and risk upseting this.

I dont think i'll be able to do it any other way with Tabitha, she's such a little brat :) She doesnt go to sleep unless she's being held or put in her swing or after her feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->