Sleep hallucinations?

meemee

Reaction score
Most nights I've been shocked awake by thinking there are things in my bed that aren't there, it's really freaking me out! Like I'll see them and then fully wake up and they're gone!
This has only happened since being pregnant but it's really not helping me get a solid nights sleep
Has anyone else experienced this??

What kind of things do you see and what state are you in when you wake up? Messy pregnancy hormones can definitely make you dream the weirdest things, maybe even wake dreams.
Some describe it as a bad acid trip. I suppose it could improve in the second trimester, though my hormones haven't caused me weird dreams personally. Maybe someone else knows if this is true.

If you are sure you are awake and you see shadows or such subtle things pregnancy might have made you sensitive to what some call the "Paranormal", and you perceive things you weren't able to perceive. Like a hypnotized state.

That sounds scary. I hate pregnancy dreams/nightmares but haven't experienced anything like that.

I've had one case where something I heard in my dream woke me & I couldn't tell if it was in my dream or if it was real. It really shocked me. Hope it passes soon & you can get a good nights sleep.

I think it's coming through from dreams, like I woke up and swore there was something under the blankets on my foot, I could feel heaviness and what felt like breathing, really weird! And then have thought I've seen a larger than life spider creeping under my pillow or thinking the duckling we were looking after was in my bed with me or screaming when my husband touched my leg while I was sleeping. It's all seemed so real! But I know it's not, must be some crazy crazy hormones going on
I have a theory that it's happening because of not going to bed early enough so I've ended up overtired. It also gets worse if I'm needing to go to the loo in the middle of the night

Update - just in case anyone else goes through this and finds the thread :) I've found that if I do some reading right before I go to sleep that it keeps the hallucinations away! And by reading I mean actually lying down in bed with a proper book and reading a few pages rather than reading on a screen :) but if I don't read before I go to sleep then I end up waking up to see spiders crawling all over my pillow lol

The same thing is happening to me
I wake up in middle of the night all scared

Definitely give reading before bed a try! I swear it works amazingly for me
But I know exactly what you mean! I wake up and feel so freaked out and realise that I need to wee but then don't want to walk around the house at night to go to the toilet lol

I didn't have hallucinations per day but when I was pregnant with DS I had the most bizarre and vivid dreams, like I would wake up in the morning and actually believe the things I'd dreamt had happened. Odd what pregnancy hormones do to your imagination! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->