Sleep Paralysis?

BlackBerry25

Helena & Elliot <3
Reaction score
Does anyone here have sleep paralysis? (where your mind wakes up before your body)

I haven't had it in awhile, but I am about to go to bed and just thought about it.

Freaks me right out, especially if my face is kind of in the pillow and I start having an anxiety attack because I cannot move my head to breathe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

Hi!

I had this a few weeks ago - it was the 1st time it had happened to me and it really scared me!

I woke up and thankfully LO wasn't crying or anything but i felt wide awake yet I couldn't move. I tried but I couldn't even speak because I tried waking DH up as I was freaked out but I couldn't move or speak.

I can't remember now if I fell back to sleep or if I got feeling back but I remember it freaked me out but thankfully its not happened since!

Do you get it alot? :hugs:

Yeah, I get this fairly often. It's to do with an excess of the chemical that stops you from sleep-walking.
The trick is to try and tell yourself you're still asleep and try and to relax. Much easier said than done though!
If you really want to freak yourself out, though, put a clock by the bed and watch the time jump:shock:

xx

My DF gets this and it is scary, the first i know is when he snaps out of it and shouts my name! he gets it when he is very stressed or very tired. He finds it helps to try and control is breathing and then comes out of it. Very scary though

had i about 3 times but not for ages. I always here noises around me and it scares the crap out of me :(

Both my sister and I get this, but luckily not very often. It comes and goes in phases but I haven't suffered with an 'attack' for a couple of years now. It really is terrifying though. I usually try and focus really hard on an object when I'm having an 'attack' and try and try to reach out and touch it. Eventually it wears off.

My sis and I also have a terrible buzzing in our ears when it happens to us. My partner thought I was mad until I told him to read up about it on the internet....then he got scared as it does sound really scary!!

I forgot I made this thread!

No I haven't had it in a couple years since I had my LO, but I used to have it all the time. I would try and scream to my OH and all that would come out would be like a loud breathing sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->