Sleep Paralysis?

Laraa

Mummy to a PrincEss.xxxxx
Reaction score
Anyone experienced this?

i experioenced something the other night turns out it seems to be sleep paralysis, never had heard of it before. At the same time so glad to hear what i experienced was actually normal.

What is Sleep Paralysis?

Sleep paralysis (SP) refers to the condition in which a person, usually lying on his back (in a supine position), is about to fall asleep or has just awoken to find himself incapable of movement or speech. It may last anywhere between several seconds to several minutes, during which time the individual may experience mounting fear and panic as well as various forms of sensory hallucination that may be either fantastical or horrific.

Yes I have suffered from this in the past, I changed medication and the full blown not been able to move stopped but I have severe hallucinations at least twice a week. xx

Yes hon I have had this before. Thankfully not that often though because it was horrible. Not sure what triggers it, maybe medication or stress?

I do home care for an elderly lady and I am usually so exhuasted i wind up taking a small nap in the morning while she does ( she sits and listens to books all day, and when I say elderly I mean OLD she's 98) I'll be half awake, unable to move or only able to move my big toe or turn my head in super slow mo, the first time it happened it totally freaked me out! I'll also "dream" that i hear her calling me.

Its so scary isnt it?

it hasnt happend to me since then, but when it did i was like what the heck is going on.
I honestly thought i was dying or something.

This has happened to me MANY MANY times throughout my life. I haven't had it in a while now though, but I make sure I never sleep on my back. For me it feels as if I will die if I don't move. I usually say a small prayer to God and then shortly after that I am able to move and wake up. Once it happened 3 times in a row and the 3rd time i was NOT sleeping, it was as if something was forcing my eyelids shut. It was so scary i cried the next morning and my mom and aunt got concerned. I was in high school when that happened so it was about 14 years ago. I never had it that bad again. For me, it usually happens at stressful or troublesome times in my life.

This has happened to me a few times and its horrible :( The first time it happened I had just woken up and I couldn't move at all, it was terrifying, I thought I'd woken up paralysed.
It's happened to me a few times since then but usually when I'm falling asleep, I find that when I go to roll over I can't move my body, and sometimes I feel myself slipping into it. It's such a horrible sensation.

yes I have had it. Always think someone is walking in the room but im frozen and cant move, its like I can hear floor boards moving. Freaks me out something terrible x

This has happened to me a few times and its horrible :( The first time it happened I had just woken up and I couldn't move at all, it was terrifying, I thought I'd woken up paralysed.
It's happened to me a few times since then but usually when I'm falling asleep, I find that when I go to roll over I can't move my body, and sometimes I feel myself slipping into it. It's such a horrible sensation.

I have had it too, thats the worst thing isn't when you can feel your body paralysing itself but cant stop it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->