Sleep...please help

citrusfruit

Reaction score
I have a 20 month old who is breastfed. She feeds last thing at night then wakes around 1 and sometimes 3 and this part is what is killing me - after 4am she will wake twice half an hour apart. So 4.15 and 4.45. She takes 15 mins or so to go back to sleep and sometimes longer or not at all. Can anyone relate? Last night I tried leaving her to cry, not my thing but I am truly desperate, and now my older child is awake. Totally broken and will take any advice, please.

The only thing that's worked for me (for all 3 babies) is having them sleep with me at night. They always sleep through the night unless they're not feeling well. They nurse while I lay on my side. I'm also a very light sleeper. It's definitely not something that's for everyone and I would only recommend it if you were comfortable with it.

Last edited:
When my dd3 started doing this I decided it was time to wean her, I knew it was just a comfort thing at that point and I was exhausted so I knew it was time. Thankfully my husband was really good at helping and he spent the next couple of weeks getting up to her and offering her a cup of milk, she was not happy to start and cried but he persisted and eventually she stopped waking and we were all better rested and happy.

The only thing that's worked for me (for all 3 babies) is having them sleep with me at night. They always sleep through the night unless they're not feeling well. They nurse while I lay on my side. I'm also a very light sleeper. It's definitely not something that's for everyone and I would only recommend it if you were comfortable with it.

Same here :)

Thank you, two very different strategies and I am definitely considering both!

Gone back to starting off in cot then when wakes in night bring into bed with me.

I had trouble breastfeeding so from 5 months DD was bottle fed. So don’t have too much experience with breastfeeding. Around 6 months she began sleeping through the night so I was SUPER lucky. BUT After 12 months she suddenly started waking in the night and would stay awake for at least 3 hours. After weeks of extreme sleep deprivation I started to lose it. We decided to said my OH in with a bottle with water. After 15 minutes she’d be back asleep with him and after 3 days she was back to sleeping through the night. I know it’s not the same case, but I think sometimes breaking the pattern works wonders!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->