Sleep regression or teething?

trudie100

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I just wondered what your experiences with the 4 month sleep regression were ?

My 4 month old is usually a fab sleeper,
Goes down around 8-9pm and either sleeps through until 6am or sometimes wakes for one bottle around 3am and again goes back off until the morning

However the last couple of nights although she's still going down fine, she's waking constantly throughout the night really fidgeting and kicking and trashing about. She goes back off when I put her dummy back in (and usually she's not at all fussed about her dummy) only to wake again straight after

This went on all night last night until I gave her her morning bottle at 6am and then she went back off a little more settled

My question is - has this been what the 4 month regression is like for you? She wakes up crying/moaning sometimes and other times just thrashing about but I'm wondering if this is a sleep regression or if it's down to teething (as I know she's teething at the minute)

Any thoughts ? Could it be teething just waking her up or would she be crying in pain every time with her teeth ? X

Neither of my kids went through the 4 month regression but we had some restless nights with growth spurts round that age. She may be hungry so could you consider a dream feed? We used to dream feed at 11pm before we went to bed and both slept through fone with that. Both mine were horrible teethers so would cry and chew like mad. it's possible your lo is teething and it's annoying her more than causing pain. Look in to teething granules that help to settle tummy discomfort associated with teething rather than the actual gum pain. xx

I have teething powder and anbesol so if she's really unsettled in the night tonight I'll try those and I guess if she settles then it's down to her teeth and not a dreaded regression x

Try not to worry about the regressions. Not all babies go through them so just adds stress maybe for nothing. Hopefully your lo has a better night tonight xxx

My daughter is 6 months and hasn't had a sleep regression yet thankfully. She started sleeping through at 8 weeks with a handful of exceptions since then- teething being one of them. We had some rough nights when her bottom teeth came in! She also doesn't sleep well with a stuffy nose.

She got her bottom teeth at 5 months. It was a rough few nights but thankfully she seemed to be ok after a week or so. Definitely not looking forward to her being in pain again when more teeth came in!

Yeah we've just been through it, thankfully seems to be over now, she was sleeping through the night then just before 4 months, started waking every hour or 2, at first she'd go back to sleep but some weeks she started staying awake for an hour or more in the middle of the night, I was like a zombie! She was thrashing around, kicking her legs up and down and rubbing her head back and forth, it makes you think all sorts, like does she have wind, sore tummy, teeth etc but then I read somewhere that when they are trying to settle themselves, trying to self soothe, they do that leg thrashing and head back and forth thing. I'd say it lasted about 6 weeks in total (felt like months lol) but shes back to sleeping through again, thank god!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->