Sleep

I feel like a bad mummy now :-(

I didnt stay in the room with Ella, I went downstairs and listened to her on the monitor went up every 10 minutes or so, though this is what you were meant to do for controlled crying. Thing is if I am in the room she stands up and puts her arms up to me to be picked up, and if I pick her up it defeats the object because she thinks that I cry...mummy picks me up..I get my own way. dont think the pick up put down would work with Ella becuase she is to strong willed and independant, and stubborn like her father lol

aww dont feel bad, i never meant to make anyone feel bad atall,

Everyone is different and what works for one person might not work for someone else.
I have heard stories that your method works great! but i just couldnt bring myself to do that, so far i havent brought myself to do the other way either! lol

We keep saying we will do it but somethng happens and we dont get round to it. better luck tonight!

I think your a great mum so sorry if i made you feel like your not :hugs:

sorry it wasnt your fault! I just suddenly thought I leave my LO crying her eyes out :-(

it's hard though, and I came so close to going and getting her and bringing her downstairs, but I thought no coz then the last 20 minutes was a waste of time.

its what works best for each of us, we all have our own ways of doing things. well good luck for tonight, let us know how you get on xxx

8.20pm and Jase has just takeing him up, we are going to give him half an hour, if he is still screaming by then, then Jase will bring him down.

So far, no crying...

xx

it worked!!!

He went to sleep on his own, had a littel whinge but nothing major :D

xx

what did you do ? just put him down and sit in the room ? thats great hun, fingers crossed for tommor night now enjoy your evening :)

what did you do ? just put him down and sit in the room ? thats great hun, fingers crossed for tommor night now enjoy your evening :)
read him 3 books, played with his cuddly toys with him and just laid next to his cot saying nanight and pretending to go to sleep, he kicked me it the head and lobbed his milk at me but got the hint!:baby:
then i nodded off

He slept through aswell last night, woke up at 6 but i dont mind that.

Hope they both werent flukes, find out tonight i guess!

x

kicked you in the head lol. well good luck for tonight xx

Awww hope he gets use to some routine soon - Must be hard to change ways :D

I know I will use what you girls seem to call controlled crying. I will probably spoil my child stupid but I know I will have my foot down on things liks sleeping times.

same again tonight, book, he beat me up then we both passed out,i'm on a roll.

LOL Bless!

Well if battering Daddy helps Mum then so be it :lol:

he slept through again too, i think we have cracked it :D

Im hopeing that over time it willtake him less and less time to get to sleep, at the mo its taking 30 mins.

hopefuly in a few months we will be able to put put him in his cot and leave and he will go to sleep.

thanks for all your advice, its been great :D

x

I have also deicded that i need to spend more time with him before the baby comes, he happily plays and we read books etc while im on here but its really unfair of me i think, so i will only be coming online now when he is eating, sleeping or playing with Charli and Ethan and doenst need me.

x

it gets better! lol

He normaly goes to sleep between 11 and 1 for a couple of hours, he was getting grizzley so i knew he would be going to sleep soon, then he started pulling me to get my upstairs, so by chance i thought, maybe he wanted to go to bed? so i took him up and laid him in his cot, he went to sleep right away! :D

never thought it was going to be this easy, im so pleased

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"