sleeping aches

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by marie_g, Apr 13, 2009.

1. marie_g

marie_g Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a nice easter.

Just after some advice on sleeping. The last few nights have been awful trying to sleep, I keep waking up with a terrible ache in my belly, - it happened a while back when i woke up on my back and the pain was awful. But now it happens when i wake up on my side. Just wondering if anyone else knows about this - is it normal?? It feels like somethings wrong when I wake up

Marie x

2. babycakes76

babycakes76 Well-Known Member

It might be ligament pain where your muscles etc are being stretched to accomadate growing bubs. Have you tried putting a pillow under your bump to give it some support?

I sometimes have this problem and i put it down to whenever i change position its a lot harder work than usual due to a heavier tummy and i always wake myself up when turning as it really does pull on the stomach muscles!!

Hope this helps?

3. marie_g

Thankyou, i normally have a pillow between my legs, gonna try to put it under my tummy more. I had a tummy bug last week and havnt felt right since - it could be that too x

4. cs22

cs22 Mum and ttc# 2

It could be stretching pains. Try using a few more pillows to prop yourself up it might help you get a little more comfortable.

5. christmasgift

christmasgift Well-Known Member

Yes!!! I know the feeling. My doctor says it is probably ligament/stretching pains.

6. PrincessSoph

PrincessSoph Well-Known Member

yep i get this too, suffer all the next day then. try pillows like the girls said and hope you get a good night sleep soon :hugs:

7. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Smitten Mum of 2

definatly get this....sometimes straight away when i lay down. its because ur bump is growing, and gravity is pulling your bump down n stretching the other side......prop a pillow under ur bump so u dont get that stretching pain.

its awful!! hope it works out for u xx

8. nuttymummy

nuttymummy Smitten Mum of 2

definatly get this....sometimes straight away when i lay down. its because ur bump is growing, and gravity is pulling your bump down n stretching the other side......prop a pillow under ur bump so u dont get that stretching pain.

its awful!! hope it works out for u xx

9. HeidiLSparks

HeidiLSparks Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

Yeah, get a pregnancy pillow. They are every womans dream!

10. augustbaby09

augustbaby09 Well-Known Member

Ive had this a few times - woken up with horrible lower back pains.I was fine though and this was few weeks ago. Its to do with the stretching/growing and all that im guessing. I found having a pillow between my legs helps x

11. marie_g

thanks everyone

I would love to buy a pregnancy pillow but I just can't afford it. They're quite expensive arn't they ? around £40?

M x

12. marie_g

Hi everyone - jsut wanted to let you know how well i slept last night - and all i did was put the pillow slightly under my belly rather than just my legs.Can't believe the difference - no belly pain:happydance::happydance:

Thanks all x