Sleeping advice 4 months

BecksBabyB

Reaction score
Hi ladies

My son is almost 4 and a half months and he always goes to bed between 6.15 and 7pm but will always wake crying about 3/4 times after about an hour of being in bed, so by 9pm I've been in to put his dummy in his mouth. Is this normal?

I don't mind going in to do it, but I just wondered if I can help him settle better in any way?

He generally wants his dummy a lot in the night (roughly every hour from 1am sometimes more often on a bad night) but he rarely wants feeding, last night was the first time in about 3 weeks!!

Any advice would be great xx

My LO was similar at 4 months, the dummy drove me crazy! We tried to get rid of it but LO was inconsolable so I gave him it back. At around 6 months he stopped waking in the night for it, he'd figured out how to put it back in himself.

With regards to the night wakings, my LO slept through from 10ish weeks, then he started to wake up again. At first I thought he was being fussy but a friend suggested he might be hungry so I started feeling him (as long as it was 3-4 hours after his bedtime bottle) and he would have 5-6oz, so he was hungry. To make night times easier I introduced a dream feed which made the night wakings less frequent. After a few weeks he reduced the amount of milk he was taking at his dream feed so I stopped giving it to him, he'd stir at the time I would usually give him it and this went on for about a week, but then he stopped waking altogether.

Your LO might be going through a growth spurt, I'd try feeding just incase. The night wakings returned at about 8 months but he would cry more frantically, that was definitely separation anxiety and I can see that there was a huge difference between the two in retrospect. The dummy really helped us during that phase!

Sounds like 4 month sleep regression to me.
My LO has just come out of it. She went from sleeping through to waking hourly needing dummy. The last 3 nights she slept through again so I think were out of that WW!

As soon as the monitor goes off I'm awake (he's in his own room now) and then I'm waiting and usually he wants his dummy, it's so tiring! I will try and feed him, I just don't know which "wake up" to to the feed. I'm going to see how it goes tonight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"