Sleeping and nappy changing

A

AppleBlossom

For the last few nights Grace has been sleeping quite well at night. Between 10-12 until about 4-5 then till about 7-8. I'm really glad she's starting to settle a bit now. Getting her to sleep initially is usually a bit tricky because she really fights it and sometimes it's equally as difficult to get her back to sleep after she wakes up for a feed. So I don't wake her, I wait until she wakes up herself. But is it ok to leave her asleep for so long in the same nappy? She rarely poops in the night but she does wee and when I change her after a feed she usually has quite a heavy wet nappy. She does have a little nappy rash but I've been putting sudocrem on it and it's gradually going down but I don't want to make it worse by leaving her in a wet nappy but at the same time I don't want her to wake up as the longer she is awake at night the grouchier she is in the day because she's tired.

Hmm tricky one i no that once Paige got past theat newborn stage if she wasn't dirty i didn't bother changing her. I think as long as you change her nappy before last feed and then again when she wakes up in morning she should be fine, just monitor her nappy rash and make sure it isn't getting too bad. Also hun for the nappy rash if the sudocrem isn't working i would try bepatham or metonium as from personal experience these are better as they actually soak into the skin where as sudocrem tends to just sit on the skin

But try her without changing and i hope it works so she isn't as grumpy!! Trust your instincts

x x

Put extra sudocreme on the bum+thighs for the night nappy.

Hi hun, it's fine to leave her to sleep in the same nappy until the next feed. Just to add to what KACI said, bepatham is brilliant for nappy rash. I would also put vasaline on the bottom when the rash has gone. It acts like a waterproof film on the skin and can prevent nappy rash coming back.

I usually put vaseline when Josh gets ready for the night. Then when he wakes up I change him and wash him with a warm cloth and put some bottom butter and he's fine ! xx

Hey hun...it is fine to let them sleep so long in the same nappy. My mw told me that there is no point in disturbing them unless they have poopedx

Colton's slept in the same diaper since he started sleeping through. It is usually pretty heavy in the morning. He has just gotten over a diaper rash, which is his second. I think he gets them because it's so hot too, because he gets heat rashes like crazy.
Anyho, I dont know if anyone uses baby powder but it usually keeps them dry, and I put some on Colton wiht his first rash; you could try using some at night.

My LO sleeps about 10 hours a night currently! Growth spurt i think. This morning she woke up in her own pee. Her night time nappy didn't work very well. She has had nappy rash once because OH used a scented babywipe on her. Other than that she seems fine. I wont disturb her unless you really have to, she will let you know if she is uncomfortable

xx

I was told not to change his nappy during the night unless he'd pooed so theres less fuss and he doesnt properly wake, so I didnt and it never bothered him. Never has, he would sit in a stinky nappy if you let him though lol maybe shes so hard to settle at night because your changing her nappy too?

Kyle started sleeping 12 hours at 3 months old and stays in the same nappy fine, never done him harm x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->