• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sleeping bag woes!

nessaw

Mum (6 angels, 1 rainbow)
Reaction score
Hi my dd is small for her age so has not long gone into 18 month+ sleeping bags. She's now worked out that she can work her upper body out between the 2 sets of poppers at the top and spends every nap time prancing round the cot! She's been easing out of this nap for a while so not as much of an issue. However last night she did it in the middle of the night and woke Up cold at 4am. Don't really want to go with a duvet yet mainly as I've just bought the new bags. I tried herwith a cover over the bag for nap today and no difference. Any ideas for keeping her in them? TIA x

My DD did this for a while but she lost interest eventually. She had nights where she woke up cold and we'd just go in and put her back in the sleeping bag, or once she was asleep I'd go in and throw a blanket on her. I don't remember how long it took but she stopped doing it, she now just takes the sleeping bag off as soon as she wakes up which is no big deal.

I would just get rid of the sleeping bag. It’s just delaying the inevitable if you don’t do it now - you’ll just have to do it in a few months instead. May as well save the frustration and get rid of it.

We put my DS1 in a big bed with sheets and duvet at almost 20 months and took him out of his sleeping bag and he immediately slept better. The sleeping bag was obviously not working out too well for him, with this experience in mind we didn’t use the sleeping bags at all with DS2.

Thank you ladies. Well we've given up on naps! She goes up in her cot and chills for an hour in and out of the bag then comes back down. She hasn't done it in the night again but I've slso started putting in a cover that's similar to a thin duvet to get her used to it then will start to phase it out. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->