sleeping (sorry a bit long)

sabby52

Mother, Nanny
Reaction score
Okay Dec has been sleeping through from he was about 5-6 weeks, he has been in his cot in his own room from about 4 months, he has been going to bed between 7.30-8pm every night from about 2 1/2 months and sleeping right through until 6.30-7am every morning. As a rule he doesnt wake durning the night, but lately he has been crying when I put him to bed, he has never done this before he would lie and talk to his teddies until he falls asleep but now he wants someone in the room with him!!! If we dont stay he squeals and I mean SQUEALS he makes himself sick. if we stay within 5 mins he is sleeping, so my point is I need advice on how to break this, I have tries controlled crying but like I said he gets so upset he gets sick, I dont mind staying with my baby for 5 mins but I am thinking as he gets older things could change he might want me to stay longer.
Any other babies go through this and does anyone have any advice???
Oh and one more thing he has started to wake durning the night!!! I know he is teething but I dont think it is that I think it is more of a comfort thing.
PLEASE HELP ME :hissy:

Oh Sabby, but they need extra comfort when they are teething, unwell and going through developmental stages. I really would stay with him, he will grow out of it.

Controlled crying is the worst thing on the world. It can make babies feel very insecure and scared of the cot - it really can make the problem worse.

Does he waken at the same time (or roughly) every night?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->