Sleeping through night

ronnie1234

One child aged five
Reaction score
My 9 week old has slept through the night twice this week - I know this is very early to be sleeping through so am not expecting it every night last night she woke at her usual time of 4 but only took 1oz so I'm wondering if I should've maybe settled her back off instead of offering milk
Thoughts please

There's no harm in trying. It likely won't last, but I would get her back to sleep the quickest and easiest way possible, whether that's offering milk or not. Mine STTN a few times around 9 weeks as well. But then things went back to normal and she didn't again until 13 months (about twice), but never regularly before 3.5 years. I would make the most of it and do whatever works and gets you both back to sleep quicker.

There's no harm in trying. It likely won't last, but I would get her back to sleep the quickest and easiest way possible, whether that's offering milk or not. Mine STTN a few times around 9 weeks as well. But then things went back to normal and she didn't again until 13 months (about twice), but never regularly before 3.5 years. I would make the most of it and do whatever works and gets you both back to sleep quicker.

I won't think she's sleeping through just yet then as anything could happen!
She woke once around 4 but put lullaby on & back off till 6.45 so didn't need milk

I however didn't sleep between 3.30 - 5.30 thinking she wake for milk & listening to her little noises!

Enjoy it! My lo did the same and then 2 weeks ago starting fussing again lots through the night. Hope your baby sticks at it though!

However I'm not feeding still as I don't think he's hungry and is just unsettled and a bit windy. He has reflux so overfeeding never ends well for him. I think trust your instinct about whether they're hungry or just looking for some comfort.

Enjoy it! My lo did the same and then 2 weeks ago starting fussing again lots through the night. Hope your baby sticks at it though!

However I'm not feeding still as I don't think he's hungry and is just unsettled and a bit windy. He has reflux so overfeeding never ends well for him. I think trust your instinct about whether they're hungry or just looking for some comfort.

I'm formula feeding. Is your lo still fussing or sleeping through now?

I'd try it! My lo slept through at 8 weeks and is now almost 5 months and still sleeping 10+hours

I'm formula feeding. Is your lo still fussing or sleeping through now?

Starts fussing around 3-4am and needs dummy popping in a few times and then wakes for the day between 6 and 6.30 ish

Emma was sleeping through pretty consistently at that age, I would have fed her if she woke but she is breastfed so it is easier to feed at night I would guess. Enjoy it! Emma started waking again at 5 months and she's never slept through since and feeds 4-5 times a night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->