Sleeping with a fan on..

J

Jem88

Can sleeping with a fan on all night give you a sore throat even if it's not facing you?

My OH gets hot so we've been sleeping with a small fan on all night for the past week or so. Both me and LO had a cold/sore throat 3 weeks ago, but my cold went 2 weeks ago but then i've had a sore throat for the past week but no cold.

I thought it's maybe the fan but my OH says it won't be as it isn't blowing directly on me (Its on OHs side of the bed.)

I've also started to snore (probably due to being pregnant as i did when pregnant with sophie.) But i guess my sore throat won't be helping. x

Yup 100% of the time for me. In fact i have one now cuz i accidentally took a nap in front of one today

I've slept with a fan for a couple of years and never had a sore throat from it! I can't sleep without it now :blush: x

I have to sleep with a fan on (have since i was 14) or else I can't sleep. Is the window open? I find that when I sleep with the fan on and the window open I get sick.

Yeah this has happened to me, we don't have it on when we go to bed anymore, neither of us can stand the noise either.

Any kind of fan or air con gives me a sore throat or the cold. I'm guaranteed to end up snottering all over the place on holiday! It's to do with the lack of moisture in the air. If you've grown up using air con I suspect it wouldn't bother you, but introducing it would probably cause problems. It makes me feel really rotten so I'd rather be too hot.

Yea I get a sore throat when hub puts ours on at night xx

I dont get a sore throat but i do wake with a banging headache. I wouldnt be surprised the sore throat is from the fan xx

I sometimes get a bad back if i've left it exposed to the fan, but i can't sleep without it.

I think sleeping with the fan on on my side of the bed is how I got this stinker of a cold, it started off as a sore throat and transformed into a full on cold. I'm usually ok with the fan on but I've been feeling so hot at night lately that I've been leaving the quilt off as well. Seriously regretting it now, I've had it since Sunday and I still feel rough!

Next time the fan is going on oh's side as he's usually ok!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->