Sleeping?

WannabemomV

Reaction score
What position are you sleeping in? It hurts to lay on my belly now and after reading that sleeping on my back can block blood flow and nutrients to the baby after the first Tri I am now forced to sleep on my sides. I find that I am waking Constantly thoughout the night with my shoulders dead to the world from the weight of my body. It feels like everytime I want to move at night I am waking up to do so, making sure I am not sleeping on my back. This is causing me to be Exhausted when I wake up.
Does anyone have any suggestions? I am only 16 weeks and I worry about sleeping habits Later in my pregnancy when I am Huge!

I sleep on my side in the foetal position but rolled over a bit more so my bump is resting on the bed, and i have a cushion between my legs to help my hips. I have however invested in a total godsend, the memory foam mattress topper. I'm sure it would help your shoulders too, got mine from Dunelm for about £100. Not sure how i'll cope later on but luckily i was always a side sleeper anyway!

i'm sleeping on my side with a pillow between my legs :D cozy bozy!

get a good thick mattress topper pad or fold a spare duvet in half and put it under the sheet on your side of the bed it should stop your arm from going so dead

My doc told me the sleeping on your back thing isn't important until your belly is really big. And she said the worse that will happen is you'll wake up a bit light-headed. I was worried because although I fall asleep on my side, I always wake up on my back! She also said that when I do get bigger, I can put a pillow behind be when I fall asleep, so that when I do roll onto my back, I'm slightly tilted, as this will prevent the blood-flow blockage. They have some really great long pregnancy pillows I may consider getting at some point, I've heard great things about them making sleeping much more comfortable in the last couple months.

I sleep on my side but with a body pillow curled up in the fetal position. I wouldn't worry too much about sleeping on your back though. Your body will tell you when you need to stop this. I often times wake up in the mornings laying on my back with no clue how long I've been that way. But I figure if it was a problem then I would wake up.

I try to sleep on my side with a body pillow, I tuck it a bit under my belly and put a leg over it... but I do end up on my back all the time with legs o the body pillow...

I got mine at wallmart it was a pretty cheap 14$ and it actually made everything better

I'm 18 weeks tomorrow and I've been struggling with sleeping positions. I mostly sleep curled up on my side, or stretched out on my side, but sometimes I wake up on my back. In a few weeks (all going well) I think I'll get one of those maternity pillows x

I find sleeping hard for this reason, too. I have mostly just been sleeping on my sides, but I find sometimes when I wake up that I'm on my back...

All sorts of positions, lol. I usually fall asleep on my side/practically on my front but I don't think I'll be doing that for much longer because I'll soon have a bigger bump. I have been waking up on my back quite frequently but again, my mw also said it's not the end of the world and you will just make yourself feel a bit odd and you would have to lay on your back for a long time for it to have an effect.

I've always slept on my front/side-ish so I'm not finding anything too difficult at the moment but I will sure miss sleeping on my front :cry:

i still keep waking up on my stomach - i wish i would stop!

I have a Wonderful comfy memory foam mattress already! I tried the pillow behind my back this weekend and it seemed to work for not rolling onto my back. I guess the dead shoulders/arms will have to do. I do plan on getting a Big body pillow. Maybe sooner than later.

I have a dream geni pregnancy pillow that works a treat. I tuck a bit under my belly and a bit goes between my legs and then there's a bit that goes at your back to stop you from rolling onto your back completely. It's great, I've never slept as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->