Sleepless Nights Support Thread

DD is 7.5 months and goes to sleep at 8pm ish but falls asleep feeding. She's then up again at midnight- 1am for another bottle which I am wondering if I can cut out at this stage? She's usually up again at 4am but not hungry so I've stopped offering milk at this time.

DD is 7.5 months and goes to sleep at 8pm ish but falls asleep feeding. She's then up again at midnight- 1am for another bottle which I am wondering if I can cut out at this stage? She's usually up again at 4am but not hungry so I've stopped offering milk at this time.

Snap my girl has exactly the same timings. she used to only wake once but since she had a cold its been twice. if you dont give her a few oz ag 4am you have a battle on your hands keeping her asleep! she actually has more night feeds / wakenings than she did at 3 months! i am sooo tired.

Hello everyone,

Sorry...Idk if this is where I should be posting this. If not, please redirect me. I'm here because I'm trying to further understand the connection between blocked tear ducts and congestion. My baby is 13 days old today and is very fussy. She cries a lot, mainly from discomfort I think, and mostly at night, although she hasn't produced any tears yet. So yeah many (sleepless nights) :cry: Someone mentioned "blocked tear ducts" to me today and how this is causing her to have congestion. I have noticed her breathing heavy and some difficulty swallowing when I breastfeed her. Could she have "blocked tear ducts"? And what could "I" do to make it better??? We got a warm/cool mist humidifier today as someone told us this should help. Is there anything else I should be doing???

TIA

I thought babies didn't cry tears for the first few weeks anyway? My LO only had his first tears at about 5 weeks and I haven't seen many since. I'm not sure you'd be expecting to see them at 13 days old? I've just done a quick google and the consensus was 2-4 months old.

Was it a professional who suggested the tear ducts thing or a friend? My LO breathes quite heavily sometimes and is going through a snuffly nose phase which seems to disturb his sleep. I bought a tool which sucks out the snot to help him get rid of it.

Hi ladies, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me and my 6 month olds sleeping. Isabelle is almost fully weaned (still need to introduce protein) and has three meals a day. So many mums have told me how their lo's sleep soundly for 12 hours etc but mine just doesn't. I'll add some typical days feeds for anyone to tell me if this could be an issue. A typical night is like this... 18:15pm bath with Johnson bed time, 18:45-19:00 last bottle (never finished) and then fast asleep between 19:00-19:30. She stirs a couple of times for her dummy but remains asleep. Then around 3/4/5am (it varies) she will not go back to sleep until she has her 6oz bottle. This then skews the days feeds due to the different times.

Recently she has been taking a long time to drop off after the early am bottle and is then up at 6:30 to start the day. Its pretty tiring with the dummy replacements, feed and then soothing back to sleep for an hour to them start again at 6:30!

Few other things, I have a black out blind so her room is dark, naps in the day are short and never stays asleep in her cot in the day time. Teeth are showimg signs but luckily don't seem to be a problem (touch wood!)
Recently when waking Isabelle has got really upset at times. Almost like a nightmare.
Sorry this is so long, I just wondered if anyone had any tipsThur

5:00-6oz

9:00-5oz

10:15-strawberries and porridge

12:45-5oz

13:15-yoghurt and banana

16:30-5oz

17:30-carrot and rice*

19:00-4oz

23:00-5oz

30oz

Fri

4:00-6oz

8:00-5oz

9:00-weetabix

11:00-6oz

13:30 banana strawberries and yoghurt

15:00-4oz

17:00-4oz

17:45-potato and rice

19:00-3oz

28oz

Sat

5:30-6oz

9:30-5oz

10:00-weetabix

12:00-3oz

14:00-3oz

16:00-2oz

16:30-carrot, rice and yoghurt

18:45-4oz

22oz

LO cried every hour last night. I would pick him up, he would be wailing but never opened his eyes. Gave him some baby Tylonel as he's teething. Finally he stopped after 11. His bedtime is 7ish.

He's sleep trained. We've had no problems up until last night. Tonight he's cried 3 times. :coffee:

Hi ladies, I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me and my 6 month olds sleeping. Isabelle is almost fully weaned (still need to introduce protein) and has three meals a day. So many mums have told me how their lo's sleep soundly for 12 hours etc but mine just doesn't. I'll add some typical days feeds for anyone to tell me if this could be an issue. A typical night is like this... 18:15pm bath with Johnson bed time, 18:45-19:00 last bottle (never finished) and then fast asleep between 19:00-19:30. She stirs a couple of times for her dummy but remains asleep. Then around 3/4/5am (it varies) she will not go back to sleep until she has her 6oz bottle. This then skews the days feeds due to the different times.

Recently she has been taking a long time to drop off after the early am bottle and is then up at 6:30 to start the day. Its pretty tiring with the dummy replacements, feed and then soothing back to sleep for an hour to them start again at 6:30!

Few other things, I have a black out blind so her room is dark, naps in the day are short and never stays asleep in her cot in the day time. Teeth are showimg signs but luckily don't seem to be a problem (touch wood!)
Recently when waking Isabelle has got really upset at times. Almost like a nightmare.

30oz

Fri

28oz

Sat

22oz

Were having exactly this problem. Our DD2 is nearly 6 months and for a couple of weeks she's been waking at 3-4am and won't settle without a feed. She was sleeping through (7.30pm - 6am) Sometimes Im sure she's not even really that bothered with the feed its just a comfort. I really want to break it as I feel its habit and as you say, messing up her feeds for the day, as when she has a bottle at 4am, she's not interested in her breakfast :-(
We have a toddler thats night waking too at the moment so we are zombies!!

I have a motion chair in her room (Fisher Price Motion cruiser It hink its called) it basically replicates the movements of a car journey and if all else fails, I put her in there and she goes off within 10 mins. Its not ideal but seems to work. I got mine second hand from ebay for £30.

Just wish I could get her back to her old pattern. With babies I believe its all about pattern. If they learn theres going to be a nice warm bottle or boob for them at 3-4am, their body clocks will wake for it!

My SIL did the water thing (swapped milk for 2oz water if her son woke) it worked for them. After a few nights he realised it wasn't worth waking up and slept through. We haven't tried that yet but I might do! At the moment I keep an SMA 'Ready to Use' carton and a sterilised bottle by her cot so I can quickly give her a bottle before she wakes her sister.

30oz

Fri

28oz

Sat

22oz

Forgot to say but you could try cutting out the lunch time solids and upping her milk? a lot of people say when they gave more milk but still some solids it was the best combo for them as there are more calories etc in milk, however, every baby is different. Our DD2 has baby cereal (equivalent to 1/2 jar made with powder and water) and 1/2 jar veg for tea but we cut out the lunch as she seemed to be in discomfort.

I have not slept in weeks. I have a newborn (7 week) who is very fussy sleeper and won't be put down even in the bed with me she fusses all.night.long it's close to 5am when she finally drops off but I have to be up at 6am with her 14 month old brother! All.day.long ughh!!!!! so no naps for me through the day either :"-( I look like shit to say the least.

I have not slept in weeks. I have a newborn (7 week) who is very fussy sleeper and won't be put down even in the bed with me she fusses all.night.long it's close to 5am when she finally drops off but I have to be up at 6am with her 14 month old brother! All.day.long ughh!!!!! so no naps for me through the day either :"-( I look like shit to say the least.

Honestly, I would try something that rocks or vibrates, along with a swaddle and some calming noise. There is no way a baby can stay awake with all of this going on. Have you tried a swing or a vibrating rock'n play? At least to give yourself a break? You need sleep. Also, she could be dealing with gas or reflux.

hugs.

Honestly, I would try something that rocks or vibrates, along with a swaddle and some calming noise. There is no way a baby can stay awake with all of this going on. Have you tried a swing or a ) vibrating rock'n play? At least to give yourself a break? You need sleep. Also, she could be dealing with gas or reflux.

hugs.

Yep she does sleep, for 20 min stretches- by that time I'm almost dropping off and she is screaming or fussing (one of the 2) keeping me awake. An hour later she will sleep for another 20 mins. Oh she once did 40 mins in her vibrating swing but it was through the day so I was taking care of my her brother so I couldn't sleep. I gave been able to nod off on a few occasions and had a 10 min nap through the night. If she would go in her cot I could sleep through the fussiness but she goes mental in there and I'm worried she will wake up her brother who is 14 month and would take hours to get back to sleep.. But that's another storey. Having almost no sleep is effecting me. I've lost a lot of confidence. I don't even know how to talk to people anymore and have become paranoid and keep looking at people thinking they are looking at me. I've also developed this strange laugh when I don't know what to say to people.. even my husband. My skin is grey dry and flaking. I look like I have black eyes from been in a fight or something. I'm finding it hard to walk my body feels like it's shutting down. By the way she hates the sling I have for her and will scream until she is dripping in sweat and my head is fuzzy.

I live in the uk and swaddling is not recommended because of cot death. My midwife told my husband this also so he won't allow it now even if it did help her sleep...

I have been giving her gaviscon for reflux but it's not helping so the doctor said it's not that, he then laughed and said baby's cry...! It's not colic either, she brings her wind up beautifully. I just have a very very fussy little girl.

Does she sleep in the car? Your OH could take her out for a couple of hours so you can at least get a little sleep...

No she hates the car more than the sling! Every and I mean every time we go anywhere in the car... She screaaaams and does not quit. We always have to pull over and I have to get my boob out to calm her down before she gets over heated from crying. We can never go far.

No she hates the car more than the sling! Every and I mean every time we go anywhere in the car... She screaaaams and does not quit. We always have to pull over and I have to get my boob out to calm her down before she gets over heated from crying. We can never go far.

Just an idea have you tried cutting out dairy incase she has an allergy xx

Oh no! That was always my 'go to' for sleep emergencies. Unfortunately now he's 6 months old the magic seems to have worn off a bit! I'm not sure what else to suggest unfortunately. My LO isn't a great sleeper either - his naps are 40-45 mins max (occasionally longer if he's being held) so I totally sympathise with the fact you're just drifting off to sleep when LO wakes up. Sleep deprivation is absolute hell :(

Just a thought...perhaps try some cranial osteopathy? My first son was fussy and found it hard to settle so took him to my osteopath at about 7 weeks. Due to how they are in the womb and the stress/ way they were delivered they can need some gentle realignment to get them comfortable. I think it worked for us and we were given exercises to do at home too. Good luck!

I'm facing the same problem :( . My LO constantly wakes up in the night. I feel sapped of energy and constantly tired making it hard to function, as well as making me more prone to depression.

I have the same problem I have a 9 month that constantly wakes during the night, but I have a 2 year old aswell that still doesn't sleep properly he still wakes for milk.... Suppose it gets easier lol

not read the whole thread, but was going bonkers with newborn twins with colics. I also swear by my routine of bath bottle and bed, always at the same time. I also give them a good massage with some lotion after their bath and put on as little light as possible in the bedroom and play a recording of the inside of an uterus :haha: They have just turned 3 months and have had this routine now for 10 days. They will sleep for more or less 5 hours, then want a bottle and then last til the morning, I feed them in the room on top of my bed without switching the light on and I don't change them til the morning feed. I don't rock or sing to them either, I go out of the room quickly (and then come back a bit later as I sleep in the room with them). Sometimes I need to go back and pick one up, but I only do for a minute or so and use a dummy in the cot if I can. I make sure they have done activity during the day, especially before going bed. At the moment they haven't woken or played up once touch wood!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->