Sleepless Nights Support Thread

I'm thankful we have put Savannah down while still awake since birth so she's good at putting herself back to sleep, even when she wakes up at 3am for her feed.
Ema- so sorry to hear about Jacobs tummy bug, I can only imagine how tired you are!

Hannah was up so much last night :dohh: Up twice to eat--which hasn't happened in two months! And once she must have scared herself or had a bad dream....than awake for the day at 7!

Seth was awake most of the night too. Took me ages to settle him as well, wouldnt have matt, only me. wprried for both of them tonight as Im going out...

xxx

Caitlyn is a right fussy moo. I got quite irritated last night. I feel so bad but I'm sooo tired.. I finally decided to go to bed at 8pm with her, did she want to go to bed at 8pm last night like every other night? NO! :(

Those with the younger LOs, I've found that rather than keeping them awake during the day, letting them sleep actually encourages them to sleep more. The more they sleep, the more they sleep.

Really? How old does this apply to?

I also find if Caitlyn sleeps more in the day she will sleep longer at night

Looks like i'm in for a shit night then :(

It worked with Kaya until she was about 6 months. Even now, if she has a good nap she sleeps better at night.

I find it easier to get her to sleep if she has slept alot too

Really?
Lola-Rose slept so well once she skipped her evening nap?

ffion stayed at my mums lastnight and only woke up once!

this was their routine lastnight

9.00 she had a bath (i usually bath her at 7)
she then had playtime (which i NEVER do)
then she gave her 'dinner' :mad: which was a jar of carrot FFS! :rofl: (we havent started weaning her yet so she doesnt have solids usually)
then she had a bottle and went down at 10

mum said she swaddled her in her blanket then put on 2 sheets and tucked them in, she also put on a cardigan because my mums house gets really cold. (i usually put her in a sleeping bag with a cardigan on and a blanket.)

mum said she slept till 5, had a nappy change and drank an 8oz bottle, then went back down till 7.. at which point they got up.

Hannah's the same really, if she doesn't get enough sleep during the day she's a crappy sleeper at night. Last night she was fantastic though, thank goodness because we were both exhausted. Slept until 5, ate and went back down until 8!

Jacob still being ill, So im only get 3-4 hours of sleep. He only goes down for an hour or 2 max then he's up cause his tummy hurts got doc's AGAIN tomorrow poor lil soul has such a sorry/painful cry so something just aint right(or i may be over protective mummy) but i dont care. lol and only problem is he wont settle with kyle. He loves his daddy but he loves snuggling into mummy's chest after he's been crying for an hour. So im doing everything with him. Luckily kyle's taken over the housework etc. so i only have to worry about me and jacob :).....hopefully tonight wil go better XxxX

Jacob still being ill, So im only get 3-4 hours of sleep. He only goes down for an hour or 2 max then he's up cause his tummy hurts got doc's AGAIN tomorrow poor lil soul has such a sorry/painful cry so something just aint right(or i may be over protective mummy) but i dont care. lol and only problem is he wont settle with kyle. He loves his daddy but he loves snuggling into mummy's chest after he's been crying for an hour. So im doing everything with him. Luckily kyle's taken over the housework etc. so i only have to worry about me and jacob :).....hopefully tonight wil go better XxxX

Sorry to hear that hun :hug: It's a bit of a relief to know I'm not alone though!! :) The longest Jay has slept without waking was 3 hours and that has only happened once!! He is normally awake within two hours and some nights the cry he makes is so horrible to hear :( Some nights he will be really grizzly but others (like last night) he won't stop screaming and flailing his arms about everywhere. I think it may be wind but need to talk to my HV really.

I'm so shattered though...it feels like a long while since I had a proper nights sleep!!

xx

He's still very young....the first six weeks or so of Hannah's life were TOUGH. She consistently woke up every 3 hours or so for a feed, but by the time you feed, burp, change, and settle them again you just don't get much sleep. The screaming does sound like maybe he has some trapped wind, does he seem to settle better once you get it up (we spent an hour one night when Hannah was younger trying to get the trapped wind out!) Hope he settles for you soon :hugs:

He's still very young....the first six weeks or so of Hannah's life were TOUGH. She consistently woke up every 3 hours or so for a feed, but by the time you feed, burp, change, and settle them again you just don't get much sleep. The screaming does sound like maybe he has some trapped wind, does he seem to settle better once you get it up (we spent an hour one night when Hannah was younger trying to get the trapped wind out!) Hope he settles for you soon :hugs:

Thanks hun, it's reassuring to know that other babies are / were the same!! :hugs: Also to know there is light at the end of the tunnel, alhough 6 weeks seems ages away at the mo :lol:

It's sometimes really hard to wind Jay :( Sometimes he'll burp straight away but others he won't burp for ages, if at all, and keeps pulling his knees up to his chest and is really restless in his cot. I'm giving him infacol and hoping this may improve his wind, but if not will need to speak to docs!! He definately settles better if he does burp!! :)

xx

Could be colicky? With him pulling his legs up makes me think it, definitely talk to your HV about it :hugs:

Well went to doc's again today. And this time jacob was howling there ( i know its bad but i was happy because every other time he's been sleeping peacefully and doc just thinks im a parinoid mother.) well doc says its defo colic :( And there not much he can do......somethings work and others just dont each baba diff. So just got to try to get on with it basically......easier said than done with 2 hours sleep!! But hey will going. But last night i ended up taking him into bed with me. OH slept in spare room ( at least one of us should have sleep) And he slept (grizzly) for 2 hours. So i know its a bad habit and ill regret it all in months to come. But for now if it means i get an extra bit sleep im going to do it.....so come on girls any suggestions are more than welcome.

Tried changing bottles (£60 later :dohh:)
Midwife changed his milk to easy digest stuff.
Tried Infacol
Tried Colief
Tried days with nothing.
Too young for gripe water yet.....Counting the days to try :rofl:
Tried keeping him up in the day as much as poss. But when a baba wants to sleep HE WILL!! Only for mummy just to fall asleep and then he wakes :dohh: !!
I wind him for at least 30mins after each feed.

HELP!! :) XxxX

Get him to sleep loads during the day and just go to bed with him, it really helps with the long nights. Kaya only used to stop crying at 3:30am. They do grow out of it, honest. Don't worry about taking him to bed, lots of babies transfer from the bed to the cot just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->