Slightly annoyed... Midwife!

MoominJ

Reaction score
Hey, went to see the doc lastnight for my first appointment (moved doctors so it's take ages to get an appointment)

The earliest they can get a midwife appointment for me is the 10th December! i will be 10 weeks by then is that not a bit late? I was hoping to get an appointment for next week but no... Now I'm worried I won't have my 12 week scan before Xmas

What do u guys think?

Here the midwife booking in appointments are at about 10 weeks hun, i wouldn't worry they will get you a scan date xx

I agree. Booking appointments in my area are 8-10 weeks.
When you book in make sure your midwife gets on about the scan asap.

Good luck

Cheers, think I was just shocked, especially as when I booked the docs 2 weeks ago they wouldn't let me book the midwife but said id have no trouble getting in!

If is have booked it at the same time as my docs appointment I would have been seeing her next week!

Even the doctor said it should be 7 to 9 weeks!

Just to echo what everyone else has said; don't worry! Most booking appointments are around 8-10 weeks.

They don't actually do anything in the way of care at the booking appointment, it's more of an information gathering session for both parties :)

They'll ask which hospital you would like to use for your pregnancy, have a think about this - when they asked me I hadn't thought about it or knew I had options so I sat there and said 'errrrr' :p

With my LG I saw the MW at 10.5 weeks, had the scan the next week all was good.

I'm not looking to even try to make an appointment till next month, no point really.

I think in America they like to see you from your first positive test but over, they like you nearly put of the danger zone xx

Just had my first appt with m/w today at 9+3 and will have booking in at just over 10 weeks. They requested my scan online so should have that about 12 weeks or so they said. So eventhough I've left it lateish it shouldnt affect the timescales. X

Sounds normal. My doctors office doesn't see women until their 12th week unless you have blood or severe constant pain.

I'm going in for my FIRST scan tomorrow and I'll be 11weeks and 6 days.

I changed doctors too, so didn't see my midwife until I was 10+2. My dating scan appointment arrived another week later for 13 weeks, which (from what I can gather) fits fine for the tests they do at the first scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->