Slightly worried

LoobyLou75

Mum of 3
Reaction score
Firstly, let me tell my tale....

I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 15 and then I had my son when I was 19. I am now 33 and my youngest will be 15 at the beginning of next year and I have to say I am very nervous about trying again.

Me and DH have discussed this since we got married and have put it off for a various number of reasons and now we have decided to just go for it.

I do have basic worries in my head, like how my 18 year old will be with the idea (we haven't told her yet) and how my 14 year old will feel with a new baby in the house (we haven't told him either) and I am worried about my age too.

I so desperately want a baby to my hubby (will be his first and he is soo looking forward to it), yet I can't seem to shake off these worries.

Worries? I bet you will find that your older children will be just thrilled for you. I am almost 31 and see quite a bright future for baby making, so 33 is NOT old, at all!

Your two children might be happy to have a little baby around:baby:. You might be pleasantly surprised. AND, as far as they are concerned, when it boils down to it, it is a decision to be made between you and your husband. I can understand you respecting their opinions, but even if they think it would be a bad thing, they will surely come around after they see that new little baby.

Good luck! You'll be a great Mommy....15, 19 or 33!!!:hug:

33 is not old at all. As for what your children think, they will have to ether like it or lump it. My mam had my youngest brother when i was 19 and the only problems i have had with it is in now 21 and told her ill trying for a baby in a few years and she said i had to wait untill my brother was older. Needless to say i told her she was the one who decide to have a kid at 39 not me. So if you dont do what my mam did they should have no problem.

Thanks girls.

I know my daughter would like one of her own as soon as she is able. I have no objections to her having one, although ideally I would like her to wait till her and her b/f at least have their own house (they share with 3 others).

I know you're right, I shouldn't be worried. I guess it's the not knowing too. A lot has changed in 15 years!

33 is NOT old in the least! :) I speak from experience LOL - I'm 33 this summer and had our first in February, and am WTT in July or so of 2010 when I'll be turning 34.

I agree with CarCam - I bet you'll find that your older children will be delighted for you. This is a decision, however, that you and your OH are taking - not your children, although it's great to take their feelings into consideration :)

Good luck, and try not to worry! :hug:

x

I wouldn't worry about the gap, people are so amazingly adaptable, more than we think. They'll be leaving home in a couple of years and you might have horrible regrets if you didn't go for it. Plus you'll have 2 on tap babysitters!!
I expect in reality whatever they feel now as soon as they see theor brother or sister they will love it!
Your age is fine, I'm an oldie 37!!
Good luck
xx

Thanks Anna :)

I will be 34 this July so hopefully if things work straight away, he/she will be born in my 35th year :)

I feel so excited and nervous all at the same time but I can't wait.

I'm 19
&& if my mum and dad had a baby I would absolutly love it!!

=D

my mum had my little bro when i was 11 and i was so excited! i bet they would be just as happy as you will be:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->