slimfast when ttc ??

lady luck12

Reaction score
Thinking of starting Slimfast, to help lose some weight, but not sure it's safe to use when ttc??? It's got vitamin A in it, and think you should avoid this vitamin when ttc.

Has anyone taken this with no issues. Be grateful of any feedback on this.

I also take preconception vitamins, so would this be going over the recommened dose??

I don't think you should have any problems. There is only a small amount of vitamin A in Slimfast. I wouldn't worry. I drank Slimfast for breakfast for years, including when I was pregnant, with no issues.

Thanks for putting my mind at ease, because I've been ttc for ages, think I over think EVERYTHING now lol xxx

Slimfast should be fine, in fact I have heard of many pregnant women drinking it.

Lady luck: I know what you mean. The ironic thing is that there are tons of women who get pregnant who are doing the worst sorts of things to their bodies, yet here we are actively ttc and worrying about the slightest things and yet there is still no bfp. On the bright side, if what we are doing is good for our unborn children then it is also good for us. I know that now that I have a child I eat better and try to be healthier in general because I want to be here and healthy for my child-not to mention I need all the energy I can get chasing her around!

Enjoy your Slimfast and lots of :dust: to you.

I don't think it will be a problem. That said Slimfast is reputed to be one of the most body damaging diets as it is technically a crash diet - this could have an effect on your fertility.

I guess it depends on your BMI. If you think that lowering it would be beneficial to fertility then go for it, if you are already normal then perhaps avoid?

Had lost 5 stone with slimming world but due to having more resposibilities in work, no time, and managed to put on 3 stone, so need to get some off and fast, but I am planning on being back on SW by the time I'm PG.

Thanks for all your feeedback ladies, really helps xxxx

I'm doing it until we get pregnant. Lost 4lb's in 10 days, so I'm happy :) x

I'm glad you asked this. I am planning on doing this for a while to kick start the weight loss then will monitor more carefully once lost some weight. If this month isn't a BFP (which I don't think it will as PMT atm is terrible!) then I'm going to get right on it.

I found it very hard to control portions, so it is working well for me. I'm actually very used to it now, at first you feel hungry, but my body is adjusting :)

I asked my dr about diets etc while TTC and pregnant and he told me the only one he recommend is SW which i am already on. That said many women have used it while pregnant and seen no problems, im just one of those women who if i did it and got pregnant would have no end of problems (i have such bad luck lol)

Absolutely fine to do slim fast while ttc, I was on Cambridge Weight Plan when I conceived my son and tomorrow I start Slim and Save which is very similar to Cambridge as its meal replacement diet.

Good luck!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->