• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Slimming world advice please :)

Yeah potatoes are free food, as are the baked beans. But with that you will need a superfree food to make up 1/3 of your meal. I usually do something easy, like cucumber.
Healthy choices A are your milk and other dairy products and healthy choice B is grains and breads etc.
In the book there are lists of what is which and at first I basically checked every time I thought of a food. It takes a few days or even a week till you are confident. But still the book and the app, if you want to download that, will always be helpful. :)

That's fab thank you! My day is planned like this apple for breakfast, only because I didn't have time for anything else!, just about to have scrambled egg on wholemeal toast for lunch and dinner is jacket potato with beans and tomato and cucumber!
Have I got the main idea right?! I think I have lol!
I'm saving my healthy choice A of milk for tea though out the day.
I will stick with super easy and see how I get on! I'm thinking my only syn will be a small amount of butter on my toast!
Sorry for hassling you about this, I really want to get the hang of it quickly so I enjoy it and its not hard work.
I drove to my mums today and gave her a pack of chocolate muffins I bought yesterday so I'm not at all tempted lol. My partner is going to have a diet change too the shopping list is taking a drastic turn! Be good for my girls too if I can stick with healthier eating and not buy in crap that we pick at.

That sounds great. I also save the milk for coffee and tea. BUT don't skimp on your syns! Seriously, you will start to feel deprived. I thought Id be so good and not have any. I did this for 3 weeks and then I upped my syns cause I cracked a little and wanted some chocolate. And BAM that week I actually had a 1/2lbs gain! Your body will adjust to no syns and when you have them they will go straight on as a weight gain. Don't skimp and be happy! I usually have a Freddo chocolate (5 syns) each day for when the boys are in bed and I am sitting down with a cuppa. And I look forward to it each day! lol I also like a coffee from my Dolce Gusto machine in the morning so I have a Skinny latte macchiato which is 2.5. So I am at least always at 7.5 a day. It keeps me happy and is I think the secret to why this diet is really doable and not a pain in my overly well developed backside! lol
btw I replaced my butter completely with cottage cheese or quark which is a bit like philadelphia. Id rather have chocolates than butter but everyone has to decide which thing they cannot live without and then adapt and adopt them for their syns.

I have what I call a syn bin which has chocolate and bits and bobs in for when I'm in need of a chocolate fix.

I highly recommend the Fakeaway and extra easy express books you can get in group. Fab recipes in both :)

Thanks ladies! I'm feeling deprived of the syns already lol. I might find myself a nice syn for the evenings when the girls are in bed too, just to congratulate myself for healthy eating lol!
What do you ladies have for breakfast? I had an apple this morning as I was out of time but it really didn't cut it! I want to keep my healthy extras for lunch and dinner as they are when i most need my food but want something to get me half started in the morning too!

Thanks to the original poster! It is you that gave me the kick up the backside to actually get on and do this, without this post it would have still been a reoccurring thought that I kept pushing away thinking maybe next, maybe next week!!

I usually just have a banana but I am not usually hungry in the morning. But why don't you have eggs, lean bacon with maybe mushrooms and a few tomatoes? I cannot be bothered to cook in the morning so that would be too much effort for me lol. Or have a banana and a Mullerlight Yoghurt? Most of them are free, except the really weird fancy ones. I like the vanilla one with the dark chocolate sprinkles. However, I think that those yoghurts make me more hungry but that might just be psychological lol I only have them once in a while anyway cause of that.

I usually have mullerlight with chopped up fruit in. But at the moment I hve been loving magic pancakes which is where you get porridge oats (healthy b) mix with a mullerlight (i do toffee). Leave to soak for a while usually overnight mix in two eggs and fry. I have these with chopped banana and it keep me full until lunch.

Use those syns!

This morning I am having a sausage sandwich for 1.5 syns wooop!

That's my plan for tomorrow when the oh is off work, sausage and egg!

Need to get some muller light yoghurts today, I like yoghurt and fab they are free!
Breakfast has been a banana, lunch is a tuna mayo sandwich with salad and dinner I'm thinking a cheese and mushroom omelette.
Do I have to have super free with every meal or can I put that inbetween as fruit when I'm peckish?
Because I don't fancy fruit or veg with an omelette.

Them pancakes sound good, how much porridge oats do you add to the yoghurt? Will add some to my shopping list today!

I've seen a weight watchers support thread, I think we need a slimming world one, this thread is really keeping me going!

35g so you use your healthy b for them. I hate porridge but love the pancakes!

I'm sure missing superfree from one meal won't hurt, I've had meals without.

I like the idea of a support thread! :)

You should really have some super free with that omelette cause the idea is that you replace a third of your meal with it. You could chop mushrooms and onions in to it or even tomatoes. Or make a fritatta out of it with ham and loads of veggies, I love that!
But admittedly I sometimes just have my superfree as a dessert and then I usually go for watermelon which is an addiction of mine. YUMM

Am I correct reading that ham is free? Meaning packet sliced ham?
Thinking of throwing in ham, mushroom and tomato in my omelette to make it up for my super frees?
Bought some digestive biscuits that are only 1 syn each to have with a cuppa later, I found the lowest syn biscuits so I can have a few!! That's my problem, I can't just eat 1 of something, it always makes me want more!
Need to have something each day like you said, I'm feeling really crap today and have a headache.

Also got some muller light yoghurts, I don't think I'm eating enough, hence the feeling rubbish already and I'm only on day 2! :-( can I eat free foods (like a yoghurt and banana) as snacks in between, I'm thinking of doing- breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner then my biscuits in the evening.
If so am I really going to loose weight like this??
What are your eating habits like during the day?

Yep ham is free but I would cut off the fat if there is any visible. And yes that sounds like a lovely omelette!
As for biscuits, I would probably eat the whole packet :wacko: so I stay away lol

In group my consultant says a lot of new people are worried about eating between meals but you really can do it. I snack on fruit or a yoghurt if that doesn't help i will grab something different but make sure i include it with syns.

Do you like crabsticks? Im pretty sure they're free (i dont like them myself so cant be 100%) some of our group snack on those or cook up a chicken and pick at that (minus skin) whenever a snack attack comes!

Dont deprive yourself. If you can (and haven't got it already) download the instagram app LOADS of people post their slimming world journeys and meals its really encoraging :)

katerz do the porridge oats have to be plain? can i get the oat so simple apple & blueberry ones or not? Im looking forward to these pancakes next week.

Ok so i didnt even want my biscuits tonight, ive eaten 2 Clementines! Ive been missing out, i havent eaten one for over 6 years and they were amazing lol. i always eat apples and bananas but have clementines, blueberries and raspberries now aswell so i have something yummy to snack on, today is the first time in god knows how many years i have got my 5 a day plus more.

You didn't ask me but I thought Id quickly warn you anyway. Even the Oats So Simple Original pot (so with no added bits) is 9 syns! So I don't think they will fit in with the Healthy Option. I am thinking it is cause it already has some milk stuff in there and probably sugar too but I am not sure. At any rate, in the list for healthy Option B it says 35g unflavoured oats.
How do you feel today? I have AF and feel like a bloated toad! Probably no sticker for me tomorrow :cry:

Oh thanks, I will just get some plain ones then. So if its a healthy extra I don't have to mark it as syns do I? As long as I follow exactly.

I'm feeling good this morning, had grilled bacon, tomato, mushrooms and scrambled egg for breakfast.
Having a yoghurt and banana for lunch and a beef roast dinner, do roast potatoes comes out ok using frilight?
Im having beef, potatoes, lots of veg, and gravy!

Today I think I will struggle not to want to pick later as Sundays I do an early roast at about 3pm so by 7 I will be hungry again! I'm armed with carrot sticks, fruit, yoghurt and my digestive fingers if need be!!

Oh no! I have AF due soon too, took my last pill on Friday so the bloat will be with me shortly! I usually spend the whole week eating so have to try really hard not to cave to the chocolate and redbull! :-(

Yeah what angel said re oats! Use plain ones lol. If using oats as healthy b no need to syn.

My roasties came out fine with frylight. I invested in an actifry which do amazon roasties and SW chips!

I'm hungry thinking about roasties lol

Oh don't flip pancakes too soon as they will turn into scrambled egg!

Oh my OH makes a Sunday roast every week usually and I loooove the roast potatoes with frylight! They take longer but they are usually just perfect, cripsy on the outside and fluffy inside! And he also puts carrots and half onions in with them and my goodness they are soo yummy, all caramelly! Delish!
Never ever go hungry, it is counter productive and your body will start to conserve energy and you won't lose any weight. If you are hungry later, make yourself a little meal.
Btw some of the ladies in my group swear by these Mug Shots for a little snack. I haven't tried them myself but they are free food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"