Slimming world advice please :)

Oh and well done on your loss!

Thanks ladies. I was surprised I lost as much coz I didn't really do plan for the first day coz i didn't have the right foods in and it was my df's birthday, so it was only 6 days I was on plan.

Angeluk the bars are lovely honestly give them a go, even if you don't use them as HEB they are only 3 syns a bar and only cost £1.95 for 6 which I think is really good!

Katerz I think I'll try the rocky road next week.

So do you ladies have about 10 syns a day then?

yeah around 10 or maybe 11. I have once or twice hit 15 but it is rare. I am usually happy with my little Freddo and maybe an indulgent cappuccino at Starbucks or Caffe Nero and of course my coffee first thing in the morning. I sometimes also have a little sprinkle of parmesan on pasta but that is literally a pinch for visual effect lol and I usually count that as 2syns

Well another lb off and only 1lb from target! Super duper happy :)

You are doing so well! Congrats! Have you any idea how you will eat to maintain your weight after? I know that my downfall could easily be cheese, especially in pasta bakes etc.

Well done on the losses. My weigh in tomorow so hopefully I've lost something!

Going to have a look at there books and bars etc tomorrow. I remember the rep saying about a new magazine that was out, anyone had them before?

Wow a week already! How have you found it so far?

I don't usually bother buying the magazine but that is cause I have no time or energy to even read the other ones I have a subscription for lol. But a lot of ladies in my group really like the mag and say there are often great recipes to try out. Might buy one next time just to have a look. :)

I'm finding it ok actually! A little bit easier now I'm getting the hang of it and have more of an idea of what I can eat.
I do need to have a dig about and find some new recipes tho as I do seem to be eating the same things most days which is ok at the moment but could get boring.

I usually end up throwing the ones I buy in the bin after they have sat about for weeks but might buy one to have a nosey at.

Also im not sure if I'm meant to take a piece of fruit with me tomorrow? I think she said everyone takes a piece of fruit in a puts it in the bag and then slimmer of the week gets the bag? I'm not sure if I dreamt it or I'm meant to take something lol. Does anyone else's group do this?

Yeah take a piece of fruit. 9 times out of 10 I forget or have run out because Thursday is shopping day!

I usually get the mags, sometimes I forget to read them but when I'm bored of meals and need to shake things up a bit I dig them out for the recipes. This one comes with a calendar for next year with recipes.

I'm not entirely sure how you maintain, you get given a booklet but I think you up your syns and maybe up the healthy extras? I'm thinking I might stay on plan with 15 daily syns during the week and have a naughty weekend day. People have said it's easier to lose than maintain so I will just have to work out what's best!

I'm looking forward to when people bring cakes in the office and actually being able to have a cheeky one and not feel too bad lol

At my group they tell us to just bring free food but I usually bring either some bananas or apples or something like that.

Yeah I miss cake lol But your plan sounds good :) And if you put on weight, you can always do a SW week and should lose it again quickly. :)

One thing I'm missing already is a pub meal, we don't go all the time but I'm really missing the lasagne with chips and gooey chocolate brownie with icecream! Mmmmm!
Do you guys ever have a day off or a meal off?
I'm thinking maybe one pub meal a month and be on track the rest of the time.

I think if you save most of your syns that week it would probably be ok :)

We have treat night on Wednesday weigh in and usually get a takeaway.

If you plan it so you have low syn/syn free days either side of your treat you may still get away with a loss. I guess it depends how your body deals with it. Even if you do have the occasional gain just draw a line under it and start a fresh new week. Sometimes birthday meals and things like that cannot be helped :)

Hey ladie, well done katerz!! One pound to go that's great! I bet it is harder to maintain than lose actually! It will be interesting to find out how you do it so let us know.

Nicki how did weigh in go? I'm only on my second week so we are both learning the ropes together! I think as far as meals out go you could either make sure you eat something as syn-less as possible or just maybe have less syns other day of the week maybe. I guess it can all depend on how your body deals with things. I had a family dinner on Tuesday after weigh in and I allowed myself wine and a Yorkshire pudding too lol! I totalled 34 syns (mostly wine!!) so have decided I am switching to vodka if I'm having a few drinks now apart from the off glass with a meal maybe. Hopefully it won't affect my loss but a lot of my friends on SW have advised that they started SW using as close to 15 syns a day as they could, and they would countdown at the beginning of the week from 105 syns. That way once you get closer to target you can cut down on syns if your weight loss slows. So I'm trying that this week and see how it affects me.

Got my weigh in at 7:30 tonight so fingers crossed!

Ooh I forgot to add that I bought the magazine this week and it has some really nice recipes in it for over Christmas! That's the only reason I bought it really just fr some more exciting recipes and ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"