Sling Meet - Sheffield

littlequeenie

Reaction score
Hello all! I loiter around here a lot reading other posts and never posting myself, so here goes...

My little boy loves to be carried and I love all the cuddles too! But sometimes I need a pair of free hands! As summer approaches (we can hope!) I have plans for lovely walks down rickety lanes which are not pram-able. I have so far been using a BabyBjorn, which he is getting a little heavy for. I've also dallied with and Infantino side carrier (not sure that I like it).

Anyhow - I am in the market for a Mei Tai now (fickle aren't I?!), but would love to try some out and get some real opinions on them before taking the plunge.

Does anyone live in Sheffield (UK) and fancy meeting up to swap ideas on the good the bad and the ugly of slings? I've looked on slingmeet websites but there is nothing going on in Sheffield - and I can't believe that you are not out there!

Got to get this sorted before the summer! Almost put an order in for a BabyHawk yesterday, but it is a lot of money to spend if it's not the right one for us.

hey, I'm from hillsborough in sheffield. I've got a babasling and am looking at mei tais. OH and I were wanting to get something for rambling walks, especially as we have a NT pass. I must admit i was very tempted by the baby hawk, although abviously have expensive taste, as there is a mei tai place in USA that has amazing ones, but they work out at 110 including postage. We are getting a cheap one to see if it suits - should be here next week. If you want to try it out when it arrives then you would be more than welcome.. I'm guessing that apart from the patterns, all mei tais are the same..

Hi ladies! Well, I'm about 45 mins from Sheffield in the Peaks :)

I'd love to meet up, too. I have a stretchy Wrapsody wrap and an Ellaroo padded ringsling all ready to use when little one finally makes his debut, and am currently negotiating on a preloved mei tai :dance:

I LOVE the whole notion of babywearing, plus I consider that if we have one of each type of carrier (well, other than a pouch, but not particularly taken by those) we can see what works best for us and for Daniel :flower:

I'm in walkley and as yet I havent got a sling but I have been looking into it and once I do decide what I want I dont mind lending it to someone to try out xx

Ooh I don't live in Sheffield but am about 30 mins away and would happily meet up!

I have a Simply Mei Tai, a Maya wrap ring sling and a BabyHawk, would gladly let people try anything they like.

I fear it would be SO dangerous for me to try a Simply Mei Tai or a BabyHawk as I'm absolutely bound to want both :rofl:

I was right! I knew you were out there!
Bee70 - beautiful photo of Aaron - yeah I think you and me are looking at the same ones!
Enola - he's going to be one well-worn baby! And yes, it a very dangerous game to be playing!
mummy-mi - what a great chance to do some practical research!
kirsten1985 - I want to try your babyhawk!

What a great response! You've made my day!

When would be best for you? Weekdays or weekends? Central Sheffield or Hillbrough/Walkley? And has anyone got any bright ideas about places that have space for bumps and babies and room to hurl around straps and buckles?!

I can't do monday wednesday or friday. Ok any day apart from those though. I don't really know sheffield so am no good for places!

Personally, I can't do Sundays but am freeee apart from that. I'm also rubbish at knowing places to go, I like central Sheffield with the Peace Gardens etc. but other more local ladies may know of some nice parks :flower:

i can't do sundays either, but other days are fine. I go to another mums group which meet in western park museum cafe, the one next to the park near the university, not sure if there is anywhere in the centre of town where a group could meet though.

I recommend joining the white rose baby wearers yahoo group. There is a discussion on there atm about organising a Sheffield meet :thumbup:

Shifter - just so much out there and only a 45 minute nap-break in which to do it all! I've joined, waiting on confirmation.

Sounds like a Tues, Thurs or Sat would be best for you ladies. Some mums on The BabyWearer suggest meeting at Meadowhall. Which is not very glamerous. But weekdays the Oasis food court is quiet on the upper deck, so we might have some room to spread out and generally cause mayhem. What do you think? It's all fast food there, but I'm sure we could bring our own snacks if we wanted (as it is not by any of the outlets), and bound to be able to get a coffee at least.

I actually quite like Meadowhall :blush: I'd be up for that, and all of the days suggested are good for me....just need the baby now *knocks on belly* Come on out, baby!
:D

Yeah Meadowhall is quite good for me as I would be going up the M1 anyway. Nice and easy :)

is good for me too, as can just pop on the tram - the feeding and changing room is at the oasis too for anyone who needs it!

Would this Tuesday be too soon for people (16th March)? Maybe in the morning?
Enola - bring your bump - we can all be jealous of you :flower:

I'm in an 'undecided heavily pregnant lady' mood - I'll let you know once husband is back as I want to know where he'll be this Tuesday!
Haha it's so odd, I used to be really spontaneous but in the last month or so every outing has be planned in advance :rofl: If I chicken out and turn hermit for the next couple of weeks I shall totally be up for whenever the next meet is, I really want to meet you guys even though I'm hugely shy :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->