Sling Meet - Sheffield

Lol don't worry I'm hugely shy too. Meeting people scares the hell out of me, but I know I ought to do it!

Yeah totally understandable if you don't want to come, maybe we could do it a little closer to you?

Hi, I'm new here, and also hugely shy!! I live in Sheffield too, and have a little girl who is nearly 10 months old. Would love to meet some other mums, and I can bring a few carriers and slings with me too :)

Yay for shy ladies with beautiful babies - the only reason why I am randomly contacting people online is because I'm a new mum and my little boy is happy to meet new people, and so I should too!

It would be great to meet ALL of you! Where abouts in Oasis at Meadowhall should we meet? It's kind of big?!! Is there a sensible meeting place on the upper deck?

ooh, excited :D ! Hope you lovely mamas don't mind me gatecrashing? I've been a bit disappointed by the lack of sling meets in sheffield, and am the only person I know in Sheffield who carries, so am very excited about meeting like minded mums!
I don't have all that much to bring sling-wise. I've sent my lovely long wrap to be converted into a dream carrier (I've ordered one with buckles, so a full buckle soft structured carrier!!) ;), and have ordered a silk vatanai sling which is on its way :) Mei tai wise, I do have a kozy carrier, and an ergo, and can bring both, and also have a indio wrap if anyone is interested...and a moby...x

If we meet on the upper deck of the Oasis at Meadowhall at 11am outside the cinema then we will be able to see each other. And if we sit somewhere close by on the top deck then if you get there later than 11am you will be able to find us pretty easily. Always so hard to get to a specific place at a certain time with a baby.

I'm going to have sling envy...

Me! and my little boy!

(I've posted this meet on WhiteRoseBabyWearers group and The BabyWearer too)

Hi, I've just joined this forum from whiterose and will try and make it to your sling meet although I'm heavily pregnant with twins (32 weeks) and sometimes just can't make it out of my PJs of a morning.

I'm a novice sling wearer (I have a size 3 didymos that I never got to grips with). Used to use the Babybjorn a lot with my little boy til he got too heavy, although my brauny DP managed to carry him in that til he was about 9 months old (he's 3 years now).

If I don't get to see you at Meadowhall I've heard there's an informal sling meet at the NCT Tuesday morning Bumps and Babes group at 10am on Tues 23rd March, St Andrews Hall Nether Edge which is a lot closer to home for me (I'm in Endcliffe).

Starving now so have to have an early tea but will have a lurk on this forum later!

R x

I'm starting to get a bit of a shopping list in my head for things at Meadowhall now... oh and some slings I might want also!

Hello all! I won't be able to make it as DH is at college that morning and it'd take me many hours on the bus which I just can't hack at the moment through needing to pee too much!!! :blush: :rofl:
However I am TOTALLY up for any other meet and should have an actual baby to go in a sling then!!! Hope that you all have an excellent time :hugs:

Enola - no probs. Totally understand. Would be ace to meet you and your little one (!!!!) another time

Ok I am really sorry and I don't usually do this! Freya has had diarrhoea all weekend which in itself is not a prob and I was still going to come, however she now has a MAJOR sore bum which desperately needs some no nappy time tomorrow and I don't really want her sitting down in the car/sling for hours. :( I am really sorry but I'm well up for coming as soon as she is better!

:hugs: Poor Freya, hope she feels better after some no nappy time x

hi, hopefully can come tomorrow - i think the second growth spurt is upon us judging from today. I only have a babasling to bring, but would like to get another carrier, so would be grateful for the opportunity to try some.

It willl be good to see whoever can get there. No fun dragging out a sore/ill baby, so we will leave the pleasure until next time!

Hi, I don't think I will make it tomorrow after all - I'm really struggling with my size now and have decided I need to listen to my body and slow down!

I am going to go to the NCT sling thing meet at St Andrews Hall in Nether Edge which is next Tuesday 23rd at 10-12noon, so if anyone else can't make it tomorrow or if S11 is closer for you (I'm in S10) I'll see you there!

I've tried to provide a link to the venue but I can't because I've not posted enough. If you google "St Andres Hall" Nether Edge, you'll get the website.

Hi, I don't think I will make it tomorrow after all - I'm really struggling with my size now and have decided I need to listen to my body and slow down!

I am going to go to the NCT sling thing meet at St Andrews Hall in Nether Edge which is next Tuesday 23rd at 10-12noon, so if anyone else can't make it tomorrow or if S11 is closer for you (I'm in S10) I'll see you there!

I've tried to provide a link to the venue but I can't because I've not posted enough. If you google "St Andrews Hall" Nether Edge, you'll get the website.

hi girls i need some advice on a sling, i have never used one before sodont have a clue which to go for, me and my husband are going to salou in the summer our LO will be 6months old so we are thinking a sling would be better than taking a pram, i was thinking on the babasling will he be able to sleep in it at 6months? and do u think it may be a bit to hot for a sling?

any ideas or advice would be great :flower:

Well, I met one mummy - not sure it it was someone from this forum or another!

Maybe we should meet at the Sling Thing that I've heard is going on at

Hello! I only managed to find one other person - quite by accident!

Maybe it would be good to meet at the Sling Thing at St Andrews Hall, Sheffield. Sounds like there will be quite a few ladies there. KitKat, perhaps you could get some advice from experienced sling-ers?

Details below:
Sling Thing at Bumps and Babes (nct baby group open to all) on Tuesday 23rd
March, St Andrew's Hall, St Andrew's Road, S11, 10-12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->