Slings and newborns?

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,

I used wraps and slings with my dd but not as a proper newborn. I think I waited til she was 8.5lbs which is the moby lower weight limit?? This time if love to be able to wear baby as a newborn. I've got mobys, non stretchy wraps, a mei tei and a ring sling. Can you wear proper newborns or is there a minimum age/weight limit for all slings/wraps?

Thanks all

Xxx

I think they put the minimum weight limit the same on all of them. Saying that I used my stretchy wrap from the word go and DS was small. I just was extra vigilant when I had him in it, although he had good head control from birth so that helped. I will be using my stretchy wrap from birth again.

My babies were both born over the minimum weight, but I think it would be fine to use a stretchy from day one as long as you're careful. I know that some wraps are used in kangaroo care for small babies but I don't know which one. I'm in a complete dilema about which wrap to buy. I had a moby last time that was borrowed and I loved it, but I have also been looking at cheaper strechies as the material could be thinner so although it might not be as long lasting, might be better for hot weather? I am also looking at the caboo closer as less tying than the moby. Decisions decisions!

Ring slings are great for newborns.
I still use a ring sling for my 12 month old and will use a stretchy for my newborn.

I used a ring sling with Delilah and she was only six pounds.

Stretch wraps are perfect for newborns ! They are also amazing for kangaroo care for premie babies. As long as you make sure to follow the newborn hold instructions and they are upright against your chest (I wouldn't use a sling side hold where baby's chin is curled up against his chest.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->