Slings for plus size mummies?

Bee26

Mummy to Charlie bear!
Reaction score
Hi Girls,
Im desperate to find a good sling...Ive been looking for months online and reading reviews etc but I just wondered if any plus size mummies could give me any advice?
I was a size 16 UK pre preg (put on a lot but would say approx UK 18 when baby is here) but I have very large boobs and am worried about the comfort of some.....Im also very tall (nearly 6 ft) so need one that is long!
I like the look of the stretchy and the woven wraps - certainly dont want a structured one.
Ive shortlisted:
Close parent stretchy one
Moby Wrap
Gypy Mama woven wrap
Ellaroo woven wrap

Im getting all in a muddle, have read the sticky thread but would love to hear some bigger mummies experiences of these and other wraps! Ive only got 2 weeks to need to get a wiggle on!!

Thanks in advance xxx

I'm about the same size, am still an 18 now and I just got a sa-be(sabe, something like that) sling which is a wrap, from ebay its abit like the moby but cheaper, I could wear it fine and I am also on the large breasted side and Lylah was really comfy in it, and I found it comfy to wear :)

I am a size 18-20 and i have had both the close and the moby and they both fitted me brilliant, infact i used to wear ds in the close and still have LOADS of length left on the tails.
Give me a shout if you want x

I'm an 18-20 and used a Moby when Imi was wee and it was FAB! I liked the fact it would fit perfectly no matter who wore it and was big enough for me xx

I don't have a baby just yet, but I bought the moby (may swap to woven later on we'll see how it works out) and it fits me fine pregnant (yes I tried it on with a stuffed toy!) and fits OH as well. Not sure how UK sizes compare exactly but am 18/20 here (and 16/18 US I think). Plenty of room and the stretch helps a bit as well.

I'm an 18, was more like a 20 post-birth. I had a Moby Wrap that fitted fine, also had a Freedom Sling which fitted fine as well. I e-mailed the woman who makes the Freedom Slings if it'd fit (as I think it says up to size 18 on their website) and she made it with some extra fabric so that it'd definitely fit :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->