Slow rise hcg?? Can I still be hopeful? I can't take another loss!

Lrowbie

Reaction score
So this is my third pregnancy, I have had a very early mc and a mmc at 5 weeks previously. I got my third BFP in nov and am currently 5 + 1. Because of my history the dr wanted my bloods done ASAP. So I went the day I found out, I think I was 3 + 4, then a week later at 4+4. She called me today and said my first was 75 and the most recent was only 105. So it has gone up but it's low! Why? Is there anyone else who has been on this type of situation and had a viable pregnancy? I can't bare another loss...

So this is my third pregnancy, I have had a very early mc and a mmc at 5 weeks previously. I got my third BFP in nov and am currently 5 + 1. Because of my history the dr wanted my bloods done ASAP. So I went the day I found out, I think I was 3 + 4, then a week later at 4+4. She called me today and said my first was 75 and the most recent was only 105. So it has gone up but it's low! Why? Is there anyone else who has been on this type of situation and had a viable pregnancy? I can't bare another loss...

I didn't get my levels checked with all my chemicals but yes low rising hcg is usually a bad sign ..sorry. I hope this is an exception and it is very early but you really won't know until you get another level checked. I supposed it could be a lab error? A third level would be a better caliber of the situation.

Should be doubling every 24-48 hours. Not sure how far apart your blood draws were. But anyway, hoping everything works out for you.

could be a slow riser..with my son my first draw was 6y at 5-6ish weeks and then it rose every so slowly not every 36-72 every 4 days or so...they told me prepare for mc...
he is now 13 yrs old..

its not over till its over hun..ur in my prayer...

Thanks for the reply's! Yes it was a week a part and the dr wants me to keep going for the tests a week a part. I'm trying to be hopeful, the positives stories really help!

I still have my symptoms, sore boobs, tired, some nausea and bloated feeling. Can I be hopeful?

always be hopefull x thinking of you x

I would be very cautious if the level only rose by 30 in a week and I certainly don't think you should allow another week to go before being seen again. Slow rising hcg can be linked to ectopic pregnancies and your doctor should be looking to rule that out. I would push to be seen soon. Fingers crossed for you.

here is a hcg chart.....maybe it will comfort...ill keep prayers for you and sticky bean...
it may mean ectopic but not always...(hug)

4 weeks LMP: 5 - 426 mIU/ml
5 weeks LMP: 18 - 7,340 mIU/ml
6 weeks LMP: 1,080 - 56,500 mIU/ml
7 - 8 weeks LMP: 7, 650 - 229,000 mIU/ml
9 - 12 weeks LMP: 25,700 - 288,000 mIU/ml
13 - 16 weeks LMP: 13,300 - 254,000 mIU/ml
17 - 24 weeks LMP: 4,060 - 165,400 mIU/ml
25 - 40 weeks LMP: 3,640 - 117,000 mIU/ml
Non-pregnant females: <5.0 mIU/ml
Postmenopausal females: <9.5 mIU

My hCG tend to be slow rising. My fourth baby hCG had only gone up a few hundred and it should have gone up 3,000, they thought it was an ectopic. A week later hCG levels were perfect and ahead. Baby had a great heartbeat and was growing great!

Had an emergency scan last night due to cramping. Baby is measuring at 6+2 and my hcg level is only 2180. It was 1502 4 days ago. Mine is slow rising and low in general but unfortunately I don't have a final report to give. Baby had a heartbeat but I go in on Thursday to see if I'm still progressing.

those numbers are pretty good especially if you saw a heartbeat...

if i had all that i would relax a bit.....it sounds good hun...

xx

Thanks for sharing experiences! And for that chart. I had a bit of bright red blood today and some cramping. It's stopped completely but I'm feeling pretty down right now.

Have you been tested for Factor V Leiden or the MTHFR gene mutations? There's evidence to suggest that these (specifically the MTHFR gene mutations, particularly the C677T flavor) are linked to recurrent miscarriages. Just a thought... I knew I was homozygous FVL going into this pregnancy, but bloodwork done at 6.5 weeks indicated that I am also homozygous MTHFR C677T. Just means I am on a mega-dose of folic acid in addition to my prenatals, as this gene mutation affects your ability to process the folic acid. I'm also on baby aspirin and Lovenox injections for the duration of the pregnancy, which will help prevent blood clots in the placenta and other related problems.

I'd get a panel done to determine whether or not you have these mutations... I believe it's becoming more standard to test for them anyway, but just in case you doctor isn't on board yet! :winkwink:

Have you been tested for Factor V Leiden or the MTHFR gene mutations? There's evidence to suggest that these (specifically the MTHFR gene mutations, particularly the C677T flavor) are linked to recurrent miscarriages. Just a thought... I knew I was homozygous FVL going into this pregnancy, but bloodwork done at 6.5 weeks indicated that I am also homozygous MTHFR C677T. Just means I am on a mega-dose of folic acid in addition to my prenatals, as this gene mutation affects your ability to process the folic acid. I'm also on baby aspirin and Lovenox injections for the duration of the pregnancy, which will help prevent blood clots in the placenta and other related problems.

I'd get a panel done to determine whether or not you have these mutations... I believe it's becoming more standard to test for them anyway, but just in case you doctor isn't on board yet! :winkwink:

No I don't think I have. My dr did standard testing the first time for any vitamin deficiency's ect, but not much more. I am seeing her tomorrow and she is referring me to an OB GYN. That's interesting, I am convinced that something like that must be going in because I haven't had much trouble getting pregnant, been pregnant 3 times now in the last 8 months and all miscarriages starting right around 5 weeks. Almost like my body is having trouble producing hcg. I'm praying that this isn't my third and our little one still had a chance, all I can do is wait and hope I guess.

have you had your progesterone tested as this is a huge cause (low progesterone) in early m/c. I have very low progesterone so I know its definitely one of my problems and use promethium for it.unfortunately I have more problems this time around then just that..
but if you have not looked into that....or maybe asking for progesterone supplements as soon as you find out ur pregnant....Like ask the doc for a prescription so that you can take it as soon as you get that bfp ..

positive thoughts ur way hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"