Slow rising hcg levels

emaritska

Reaction score
Can anyone offer advice? Had early scan at 5+2 and they couldn't see much- they said possibly a sac but weren't prepared to commit to saying it def was.
Due to some pain they arranged hcg tests for two days (48hrs apart) and these are the results:

Tue (5+2 approx) 2077
Thur 3600
Sat 5428

Docs want to rescan on Monday but it's driving me mad :( I asked te nurse if this was a sign of impending bad news and she was non committal ....

After 1500 levels can take 72hrs to double hun I think they're going up just fine :hugs:

Thankyou for replying! I saw online that after a certain point they stop doubling but that's all the hospital keep talking about "not doubling"

I hate the way they put fear into some ladies! They like to see a minimum of a 60% rise and yours are very nearly doubling :) I wouldn't worry too much sweets, easier said than done I know xx

I'd be happy with those results myself! Monday should be high enough to see sac and yolk, maybe even a HB on an internal scan!

Your levels are rising better than mine at the same time hun. They were tight lipped with me as well as they saw nothing but an empty gestational sac up until 6 weeks 2 days and I was being scanned every two days. It's hard not to read into each scan and interpretation by a nurse but your doctors should be telling you nothing can be said for certain for about a week. Between 5-7 weeks is an amazing fast growing time and anything can happen. My non doubling gestational sac that was supposed to be another ectopic is 31 weeks today :) happy and healthy 9 months!

Your levels are rising better than mine at the same time hun. They were tight lipped with me as well as they saw nothing but an empty gestational sac up until 6 weeks 2 days and I was being scanned every two days. It's hard not to read into each scan and interpretation by a nurse but your doctors should be telling you nothing can be said for certain for about a week. Between 5-7 weeks is an amazing fast growing time and anything can happen. My non doubling gestational sac that was supposed to be another ectopic is 31 weeks today :) happy and healthy 9 months!

Pandi77 you story gives me hope! I went for my scan at 7 weeks and they didn't see a heartbeat, just gestational sac & a very small foetal pole! Redid my hcg and they have increased from 5999 to 29000 in the last week. I'm having more bloods done tomorrow and another scan on Tuesday! I'm praying for a miracle xxx

Can anyone offer advice? Had early scan at 5+2 and they couldn't see much- they said possibly a sac but weren't prepared to commit to saying it def was.
Due to some pain they arranged hcg tests for two days (48hrs apart) and these are the results:

Tue (5+2 approx) 2077
Thur 3600
Sat 5428

Docs want to rescan on Monday but it's driving me mad :( I asked te nurse if this was a sign of impending bad news and she was non committal ....

Your levels are increasing! I'm holding thumbs for you! I have my scan on Tuesday xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->