Slower HCG doubling time & ultrasound

jaytee919

Reaction score
Hey guys! first time poster here but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with slower HCG doubling times and levels on the lower end. It's my first pregnancy via IUI and I am a little cautions/nervous and dont want to get too excited too soon. I got my BFP on 11dpo and had blood drawn the next day, levels are as follows: 13dpo- 19, 15dpo-27, 17dpo-52, 19dpo-90, 22dpo-191. Levels are still rising and my doubling time is still under 72 hours, I am scheduled for another beta on Friday (48hrs from last) and also an ultrasound...what are the chances of confirming the baby is in my uterus at 5w3d? Anyone else that has been in a similar situation have any insight?

At 5 wks 2 d I saw a sac and a small blob 'something' and had to go back two weeks later and saw a bigger small blob and a heartbeat. But then if you're a bit off with dates by a few days at this stage it makes a lot of difference to what you can/can not see. Really hope everything goes well for you! :hugs:

My OB told me that nothing would be seen on ultrasound until hcg is over 1500, so not sure if you'll see anything. I've never had a scan that early. My earliest was at 5w6d and I saw a heartbeat, but in the early weeks a day can make a world of difference in what you see. Good luck.

I'm also worried about my beta's at 14dpo they were 55 but my progesterone was only 10 and I'm already on 200mg vaginally. Getting a redraw for the hcg tomorrow. Keep us updated I will keep you in my thoughts that you have a sticky bun

Update: HCG on friday went up to 310, which leaves my doubling time at 67 hours. Nothing was seen on u/s and the doctor that did the u/s said they dont expect to see anything until it reaches 2000-2500...so why the heck did they want to do it so soon? Nurse said shes cautiously optimistic but my doctor said she thinks its definitely an abnormal pregnancy and wants me to come see her monday and have yet another blood draw. I feel very pregnant & optimistic that at least levels are rising within the 72hr window but my doctor isnt too happy about it.

oh and is it normal for a doctor to not test progesterone? because mine wont. My husband said he thinks they just want me to continue coming back so they can bill my insurance haha, and just wants to wait it out until my ultrasound at the obgyn on 9/11. My doctor keeps talking about ectopic and warning me of the symptoms and what to look for, none of which i am experiencing.

Mine only did because mine is low regardless of being pregnant or not. I know most don't unless you have multiple mc. I'm getting my labs drawn in the morning again so I should have my results by the afternoon. Not very hopeful my wondfo lines still haven't gotten any darker sense yesterday.

I'm pretty sure they're going to check my levels again in the morning at my follow up so I hope they've more than doubled. I'm trying to relax and just wait it out until my first ob appt September 11th but it's hard...I think my fertility doc had stressed me out more than anything. Good luck with your appt...I should have my results back after lunch

How did your labs go? Mine came up to 179 so i did double this time. Retesting Wednesday. This waiting game isn't very fun. How did yours come back?

Please please please read my thread. There's a link below my signature from when i was pregnant with dd. It might help you stay positive. And doctors are not always correct. X

Swimm - that's awesome news!!!

Mine has been wonky too...retesting tomorrow!

Not so great news here...mine only went up to 484 from 310 on Friday. The nurse said on one hand it's still rising but on the other my doctor is worried about ectopic. So far I dont have any of the ectopic symptoms so they want to retest on Wednesday then possibly do an ultrasound at the end of the week since my levels SHOULD be at 1000 by then. Praying this is just a slow riser because I am terrified of it being in my tube

thanks dreamofabump, its stories like yours that keep me optimistic. I also have a friend who I just found out had low levels and was told hers was ectopic but now shes a healthy 38 weeks preg. I'm trying to stay positive but I cant stand the waiting game

Good luck Jaytee! Thinking of you and praying for us low rising HCGers!

IM keeping you in my thoughts. The killer is the waiting but its hard because only time will give you your answer xx

Just got back from my ultrasound...haven't got my beta back yet but they did see a tiny gestational sac on the ultrasound so they're pretty sure I dont have to worry about anything in my tube! Now I just need high numbers to come back. ..

Hoping you get those great numbers at the end of the week! Stay positive!

Fingers crossed they keep climbing. I'm really hoping mine are 400+ can't wait for them to call me tomorrow. ughhhh waiting stinks, but i did take another test and it's much darker than the other day. fingers crossed!

Swimmy i hope your numbers have gone up...keep us update

Not good news for me, started having period type cramps and spotting. Not sure if my hcg started dropping yet, waiting on those results but the sac they saw 3 days ago is gone. I guess everything happens for a reason...I hope you ladies have better luck..the waiting is the hardest part

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->