slurpy feeder!

daisii

Reaction score
as title says my LO is a slurpy feeder, it doesn't seem to matter how much boob i shove in he always slurps and air goes in the side! the result is trapped wind!!!

anyone any advice?

I have a slurpy baby too! Not found a way to sort it out so just wind as I go along and just bought some gripe water to help her get it out!

Hi

This could be due to several things, fast letdown, tongue tie, latching problem or just for no particular reason. If you've ruled out the first three reasons (and we have this problem because of the first two) it will probably improve when your LO gets bigger xx

I have the same issue and havent figured out a way to fix it. He generally does it more if he's tired or not really hungry though

Me too! Solomon slurps so much even though I wind him and get big burps up, he often gets hiccups about 20 mins afetr a feed and tummy ache. Mentioned it to health visitor today and she suggested Infacol drops, as too young for gripe water yet. Will get some tomorrow and see if it works. Latch wise I don't know what to do except like you say, shove more boob in his mouth!

thanks all, it's nice to know it is not just me!!!!

Amym, i tried infacol but it did nothing for LO. It works for some though. I have had more luck with dentinox colic drops, my LO is now nearly big enough for gripe water so will pick some up at the weekend and try that too. But if infacol does not work for you, try dentinox. I found the infacol moved the wind down but the dentinox brought it up instead.

part of the problem for me I think is fast let down, but not sure what I can do about that? any ideas?

^WSS HVs always recommend infacol but they have to be given with every feed and even then, don't work for us. xx

With regard to fast letdown the usual suggestions are feeding lying down or in a more leaning back position, expressing for a minute or two before feeding to get rid of the excess foremilk and a few others I can't remember but there are loads of sites out there with helpful suggestions xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->