Sma Gold/Hungry Baby Formulas?

LucyS

Reaction score
Hi!

My newborn started off fine on the SMA Gold, was finding it hard to take down the suggested amount etc but now he is hardly going 2 hours without crying and attacking his hands and if you are holding him your neck for more food.

What can I try that's good for hungry babys?

He is also getting constipated on SMA Gold and when he has pood it has been very hard so must be uncomfortable for him.

Thanks

Maybe he needs more and is getting dehydrated? Have you tried upping his amount of milk?

Yep he has had it upped and still isn't satisfying him hence I think he may need something with a bit more in it as also worried about him being constipated on SMA.

If he's crying a lot it could be he's lactose intolerant. That would cause the bellyache, probably the constipation too so I'd take him to the doctors and they might try you on something else. I didn't get on with SMA when I was a baby, neither did my little sister so I decided not to use it for my baby just incase.

My lo was just the same - very constipated on SMA (poo was hard and a bit green) so I changed to Aptamil and she is much more contented and her poos are soft and yellow.

My son started out on Aptamil, but could not keep it down. Then he went to SMA Gold, but it did not satisfy him. I went to SMA white and that worked for a bit, but he still got sick from it. He was on Cow and Gate hungrier baby formula and that worked for a bit. But, he now has terrible eczema and has been put on soya milk on prescription from the doctor.

I see you are in SE London and I assume not far from me. I have 2 unopened large cans of the Cow and Gate and several cartons of the ready mixed. If you want to try it I can give them to you. It would be a shame if they went to waste.

I'm in New Eltham! Was under Queen Marys what about you?

That would be great! x

ive been told hungery baby milk can actually cause more damage to bbay then good, it messes with their stomachs makes them ill and causes constipation.

Zanes on aptimol 1 and is a very hungery baby and wasnt getting enough so he wanted to feed every hour so i was told just add an extra oz of milk to the feeds he seems most hungery n its working for now lol

he has 5oz on his morning and night feed

Sometimes the signals you wrote about indicates that baby is tired xx the nuzzling/blocking out stimulation.....chomping hands....trying to self soothe...have you tried a dummy and lay LO down when this happens and what would happen if you tried this?

I'm in New Eltham! Was under Queen Marys what about you?

That would be great! x

I had my son at Darent Valley. I should have gone to Queen Mary's as I was told they were much better. I've had some good and bad experiences with Darent Valley. Will send you a PM with my number. New Eltham is not far from me at all.

Ive tried SMA GOLD and baba hated it within days he was crying all the time it just didnt agree with his belly. Midwife said go on aptimal. Which is working great and he is a very hungry baba. Already had to up his feeds 3 x (told by midwife lol) and he now takes 150mls morning and night and 120mls through the day. But still only goes about 2-3 hours between feeds but midwife says thats fine! And if i put him on hungier baba milk it would prob up set his stomach alot.

But the milk must be doing something right as he weighs today a whooping :)lol:) 9lb 3oz so he must be getting everything he needs. Its just mummy whose got to put up with him being up every 2-3 hours :) XxX

Ive tried SMA GOLD and baba hated it within days he was crying all the time it just didnt agree with his belly. Midwife said go on aptimal. Which is working great and he is a very hungry baba. Already had to up his feeds 3 x (told by midwife lol) and he now takes 150mls morning and night and 120mls through the day. But still only goes about 2-3 hours between feeds but midwife says thats fine! And if i put him on hungier baba milk it would prob up set his stomach alot.

But the milk must be doing something right as he weighs today a whooping :)lol:) 9lb 3oz so he must be getting everything he needs. Its just mummy whose got to put up with him being up every 2-3 hours :) XxX

My health visitor knows he was on the hungrier baby formula and she never mentioned about it upsetting his stomach and he was never constipated. He was fine on the Cow and Gate one, but it is only because of his eczema he was put on soya milk, but he does not settle as well as when he was on Cow and Gate. However, my neighbour's son is 12 weeks and he does very well on SMA while my son didn't. My son was constantly sick on Aptamil and never settled on it. I just hope the soya helps with my son's skin problem.

sam ad the same prob on sma so now he is on nature gentle n he is fine so maybe u could try changin his milk
hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"