Smaller bump with 2nd, 3rd + pregnancy?

Marumi

36, DS 7 and 2
Reaction score
This is my third pregnancy and I was expecting to see a huge bump in no time since with my second I was showing starting at 6 weeks. I was huge by 10 weeks +.

But oddly, this time around, my bump is smaller than with my first pregnancy! :confused:
I am as small as I was with my first at 8 weeks and I am 10 + 3. From the side it looks like a tiny bloat.

So whats the deal? Did my abdominal muscles heal too well? I remember my stomach was flat within days after giving birth this time around, which was odd.
I have not done ANY sports. I was even on bedrest from 2017 - 2018 and just now regained some average person muscle tone.:neutral:

Oh and I am in the first trimester but posting here to see who has already been through it ^^

Hello again!! I showed super quickly with my son (my second pregnancy), and like you, I was shocked that I'm not as big this time around, but it is possible that our uteruses just know where else they can find room to squeeze in, rather than pushing out! Otherwise, I have an anterior placenta this time around, so possibly that could also be it!

I don't think it's anything to worry about, though I know it's super nice when you start to show!!

A lot of people have commented how small I am this time round compared to the 2nd time. Baby is healthy though so that’s all that matters.

If it’s any consolation I certainly don’t feel smaller!

Third pregnancy for me and by far the smallest bump I’ve had at this stage of all My pregnancies ! Many people have commented that I have a small neat bump !

With my girls I was just all round !

Hello again!! I showed super quickly with my son (my second pregnancy), and like you, I was shocked that I'm not as big this time around, but it is possible that our uteruses just know where else they can find room to squeeze in, rather than pushing out! Otherwise, I have an anterior placenta this time around, so possibly that could also be it!

I don't think it's anything to worry about, though I know it's super nice when you start to show!!

It is nice when you show early enough for people not to think you are just bloated ^^ but on the other hand I fit my normal clothing still so hmmmm :-k

A lot of people have commented how small I am this time round compared to the 2nd time. Baby is healthy though so that’s all that matters.

If it’s any consolation I certainly don’t feel smaller!

It is weird, when I look down on myself I feel huge, but in the mirror I look barely bloated :/

I really wonder if I will continue to look small.

Each pregnancy my bump has gotten smaller and my tummy muscles hadn’t knitted back together from any of my pregnancies so I’m not sure why!

Me!! I expected to blow up this being #3, but I’m smaller than I was with my first two. I am 5’8” so I never got too big with them either, but still. Xx

Pics of my 2nd and this one around the same gestation.

393FC5A6-8455-45F5-A6EB-4F2AA6711410.jpeg 8D69F842-A536-4687-BC36-CA94C42399C0.jpeg

I had my smallest bump with my 3rd child. It was the location of the placenta and her tendency to be transverse rather than head down that caused it.

She was also a smaller baby that number 2 daughter and I gained less weight than with number 1 daughter.

I also had separated tummy muscles after my second so I was surprised!

It is nice when you show early enough for people not to think you are just bloated ^^ but on the other hand I fit my normal clothing still so hmmmm :-k

I hear you on this!

I just started wearing maternity clothes last week and that's when I really started to pop, so I'm sure you'll pop in a few more weeks also!

Hey there mama! This is my third pregnancy and I haven’t started to show up until 2 weeks ago which means I would have been 18weeks. For my first I was huge and then for my second I barley looked pregnant and would always have remarks like where’s your baby?! It does get annoying but if people ask you that don’t let it bother you.
My sister with her first child never showed up till she was 7 months.
I believe it all depends on the woman really. My family doctor for every time she was checking my belly was surprised my uterus didn’t pop up, which is what she says help the baby bump look more. But she even says each woman’s baby bump will be different. So don’t worry to much.

Me!! I expected to blow up this being #3, but I’m smaller than I was with my first two. I am 5’8” so I never got too big with them either, but still. Xx

Pics of my 2nd and this one around the same gestation.

View attachment 1054904 View attachment 1054906

Yes you are tiny this time around but all very cute bumps
I will see if mine continues to be small or suddenly pops one day.

I had my smallest bump with my 3rd child. It was the location of the placenta and her tendency to be transverse rather than head down that caused it.

She was also a smaller baby that number 2 daughter and I gained less weight than with number 1 daughter.

I also had separated tummy muscles after my second so I was surprised!
My tummy muscles were separated after my first but fine after my second. I thought maybe thats why my bump is smaller now, but maybe not ^^.

I hear you on this!

I just started wearing maternity clothes last week and that's when I really started to pop, so I'm sure you'll pop in a few more weeks also!

I remember around the 9th month, not even my maternity clothing fit me anymore. No pants were lose enough. It was sheer insanity ^^ Maybe this time I can manage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->