Smart nappies!

L

Love Bunny

I heard the disposible pads for these are crapppp! I wanna get some 'sposie pads for times of nasty poo that may arise, whats the verdict? I have a smart nappy trial pack and the disposible pad seems really thick and rigid :shrug:

If these aren't any good then what other disposible pad options are their cause I can only find these!!!

thanks =) x

I used the disposable pad from the trial pack and it was ok, but I think it only got weed on.

Question though.... how do you think you will know when to put a 'sposie pad in rather than cloth?!

I would go for the eco-disposable option for the first few days and then commit to cloth. The poos aren't that bad, especially newborn BF poos, they are a bit runny but as long as the nappy fit is ok that's not really a problem, then you just pop the nappy in the bucket and wash as normal for the brand of nappy you're using.

I meant more in the way of having some on standby for when a nasty poo arrvies then I'll know to use one in the next few nappies to catch the next :D !

Yeaa thats what I'm gonna do, I'm gonna use sposie's for the first couple of weeks until the ACTUAL nasty nasty poo is out then gonna switch to fitteds and wraps :) x

I don't know which kind of poo you're thinking of particularly that you're wanting to avoid messing up your re-usables? Or is it your yuck factor that you're worried about? Either way, have you thought about using the cloth inner and then using a fleece liner to help deal with the poo issues? Fleece is super cheap and you could make a ton of liners out of even 1/2 metre of it. Then if you find any poos really too grim to deal with, you could just chuck the messy fleece liner, as it'll have only cost you a few pence to begin with. Bear in mind though, that I'm just speaking as a theoretician on all this stuff. :blush: And I'm not worried about any of this on a personal level, as I know I'm going to have a such a wonderful baby that his poos are always going to be perfectly contained and smell like a rose garden. :haha:

I meant more in the way of having some on standby for when a nasty poo arrvies then I'll know to use one in the next few nappies to catch the next :D !

Confused?? I know all babies are different but in my experience once a poo is out it's out lol! When Jack was little and we heard him poo we'd leave it 5 minutes before changing him to make sure he was finished as we'd heard that sometimes there is a short gap in the middle. But really, once he had pooed then that was all the poo for the day really so I'm not sure what you're thinking of :shrug:

Baby poo doesn't ruin nappies though, it washes out easily and if you can line dry them in the sun then any stains get naturally bleached out.

The cheapy fleece liner idea is good if you're worried about it though.

When Jack was little and we heard him poo we'd leave it 5 minutes before changing him to make sure he was finished as we'd heard that sometimes there is a short gap in the middle.

Hmph I wish I had heard or been told this, lol, I think I must have had Freya continuing to poo with her nappy off about 5 times a day for the first couple of months, whilst my family stood around chuckling. Meanies. She used to make it shoot off the table too, lovely.

I have a couple of disposable liners for the SN but have never used them, never been quite sure when or why I would. :shrug:

Haha noo i dont mean it goes back in or anything lol, its what my friend does, when her bubs has had a really bad stainy type poo, she uses the disposible pads a few times after cause more or less the next poo is the same or somtimes worse and it just makes life a little easier when out and about so that the poop can't set in and stain! :)

I have loaads of fleece my mum gave me from her fabric supplies so I think ill make some liners out of that :) ! do they need washing a few times before use like most nappies do otherwise they wont absorb?

x

I don't know which kind of poo you're thinking of particularly that you're wanting to avoid messing up your re-usables? Or is it your yuck factor that you're worried about? Either way, have you thought about using the cloth inner and then using a fleece liner to help deal with the poo issues? Fleece is super cheap and you could make a ton of liners out of even 1/2 metre of it. Then if you find any poos really too grim to deal with, you could just chuck the messy fleece liner, as it'll have only cost you a few pence to begin with. Bear in mind though, that I'm just speaking as a theoretician on all this stuff. :blush: And I'm not worried about any of this on a personal level, as I know I'm going to have a such a wonderful baby that his poos are always going to be perfectly contained and smell like a rose garden. :haha:

yea actually I never even thought of that :dohh: haha now I realise there is no need for sposie pads!!

Thanks ladies! :hugs:

dilemma solved :dohh: :flower:

Well I guess it's a case of wait and see what your baby is like. Jack only ever did one poo a day if that, pre-solids. He sometimes has 2-3 little solid poos a day now.

We used smart nappies to start with and still use them fairly often now. They don't seem to stain badly so I wouldn't worry about that. I actually thought the disposable pads weren't too bad, especially compared to normal disposables (we've only used 2 or 3 though). I know they can be used as a night booster behind the normal pad.

For fleece liners, you don't need to pre-wash them (unless you want to do just one wash to make sure they're clean and chemical free) because they don't absorb anything - the point of them is that wee goes straight through them and the fleece stays more or less dry next to baby's skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->