Smear and TTC

LahLa

Reaction score
Hi there. I have read some similar threads on here but can't find one that quite matches my current thoughts so hopefully you might be able to share your advise and experience with me :)

I am 28 and been with my partner for 11 years and since around 07 my thoughts have increasingly shifted towards us starting a family. After a mad summer cramming in loads of things I was starting to pencil in the later part of the year as a possible time frame. Then annoyingly my routine smear test came back as borderline changes at the end of summer sending me into a panic. The next 6 months took forever. I had the follow up smear last month and it came back negative, but requested I have another in 6 months time, mid 2010. I mentioned to the nurse my thoughts prior to the test and she said its usally best to wait and get things sorted and use it as a chance to get ourselves as healthy as we can be. But said the chances are it would be negative.

With the follow up smear being negative, do I need to hold off for the next one this summer or is it ok to ttc before then? What have others done/been told in this situation?

I think any advice needs to depend a lot on your situation. It does sound like it's just a routine thing and you should be find. On the other hand if waiting 6 months doesn't screw up your plans too badly then I'd probably wait for the all clear. Either way I'd probably make an appointment with a doctor (gyn if you can) to talk about this. Good luck!

Pap smears come back abnormal all the time, the fact that you got an all clear 6 months later is good, it may have been just how the smear was done too. Anything that may happen in that department is so slow to progress anyway thats why they need so long inbetween looksies. Ive had cervical cancer and they didnt muck around with me from my first abnormal smear, there are different levels of panic to them CIN1, 2 and 3, I was on monthlys till I was given the all clear, so Im gathering yours isnt too much to worry about or they would be in there quick smart to see whats going on with a biopsy. I would just see if you can have a quick chat with the doc that did it and see what they say, your child could be 16 by the time anything goes abnormal again, mine still do it all the time and my docs said it wouldnt effect ttc at all and havnt told me to wait.

Thanks for your thoughts peeps. Yeah I think a chat with the doc is probably in order to see what the score is. I found a lot of people discussing ttc with abnormal smears, but nothing really aimed towards the follow-up being ok and if you still need to give it time and wait for the next. After the last one I started putting march in my head and aimed towards march as a possible time, which took my mind off the next smear. But then now its here you start wondering about the next one.

I will most likley get abnormal ones for the rest of my life and as I said my docs arnt concerned about it at all and abnormal cells dont always mean there is something horrible going on, sometimes is just one of those things and you will never see another one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->